>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Make You Better - The Decemberists

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

On January 15th 2015, the Decemberists, an American indie folk band from Portland, Oregon, released their new album ‘What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World.' Make You Better is the 4th track and first single to be released.

The lesson takes a look at the album version and also on how Colin Meloy, the front man of the band, plays it by himself.

It’s in the key of D, using the I, IV, V and VI, with two different shapes for each chord. The lesson covers the progression and takes a close look at the speed of the strumming hand, since Colin tends to change from the speed of 16th’s to 8th’s back and forth throughout the song, sometimes even within a measure.

Another important aspect is the syncopated chord changes which mainly happen mainly in the intro, outro, interlude and verses, but also in the other sections of the song.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:47 pm

TGNessa,

You're SO quick off the mark with this one! It only just came out!

I've really been enjoying the whole album, more and more as I listen to it. And this is one of my favorites. The colorful chords in the intro (etc) are really beautiful and sort of...haunting or something... The syncopated changes are really cool too.

I haven't watched the lesson itself (besides the preview) but I REALLY enjoyed your playthrough Ness. Hey nothing new there right?!? :) Cool playing, great vocals!

Thanks!

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:19 am

Oh yeah, I LOVE the album as well! I had the opportunity to see them in concert yesterday evening in Paradiso, Amsterdam. It was absolutely AWESOME!!! They are just SO good and talented, had an amazing time! :woohoo:

And this song is really cool to play, yesterday's highlight I'd say!

Anyway, many thanks Shel, glad you like the play through :cheer: !

xoxo

TGNessa B)

btw For an indie folk band they absolutely rock too, gosh.....it was....FULL ON :ohmy: and loud too, my ears are still hurting a bit :S That Chris Funk can kick some ass, wow!!

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

You're SO quick off the mark with this one! It only just came out!

I've really been enjoying the whole album, more and more as I listen to it. And this is one of my favorites. The colorful chords in the intro (etc) are really beautiful and sort of...haunting or something... The syncopated changes are really cool too.

I haven't watched the lesson itself (besides the preview) but I REALLY enjoyed your playthrough Ness. Hey nothing new there right?!? :) Cool playing, great vocals!

Thanks!

Shel

michelew

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:29 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Oh yeah, I LOVE the album as well! I had the opportunity to see them in concert yesterday evening in Paradiso, Amsterdam. It was absolutely AWESOME!!! They are just SO good and talented, had an amazing time! :woohoo:

And this song is really cool to play, yesterday's highlight I'd say!

Anyway, many thanks Shel, glad you like the play through :cheer: !

xoxo

TGNessa B)

btw For an indie folk band they absolutely rock too, gosh.....it was....FULL ON :ohmy: and loud too, my ears are still hurting a bit :S That Chris Funk can kick some ass,
Haha! :D :D kick-ass ah?!? I take it you liked it. :) :p

That's great! I wish I could have joined you.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic