Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Quicksand Lesson 2 with Chris

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

This was a week later than the last lesson Chris and I did on Quicksand. We went over last week’s stuff then headed into the next few measures.

In Part 2 we got into strategies for barre placement depending on exactly what strings you need. After our time on Quicksand, in Part 3 he played through Classical Gas and an arrangement we put together on the Game Of Thrones theme. There were quite a few suggestions and pointers in each of those that could be applied to many situations.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... chris.html

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Neil and Chris

What a great FOTW.
This is one to remember.

Thanks for sharing.

Dermot

sbutler

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Great Job Chris. Man you sure have a lot of difficult songs on your plate. You seem to be handling them all very well. Thanks for Sharing.

Scott

davidrfinn99165

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:25 am

Really enjoyable lesson, and terrific playing Chris.

sbutler

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 pm

I really love Chris's lesson on Quicksand, as it is my "project" right now. I do have a question about the original lesson though. In all of the drip feed lessons that I'm aware of Neil, You always include a "complete split screen" of all the parts. Always a slowed down, complete version. However, the complete split screen for Quicksand, seems to be at or near full speed.
I love using the slowed down versions for practice, but I can't keep up with this one. Was it an over site, or intentional?

Scott

TGNeil

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:53 pm

sbutler wrote:
I really love Chris's lesson on Quicksand, as it is my "project" right now. I do have a question about the original lesson though. In all of the drip feed lessons that I'm aware of Neil, You always include a "complete split screen" of all the parts. Always a slowed down, complete version. However, the complete split screen for Quicksand, seems to be at or near full speed.
I love using the slowed down versions for practice, but I can't keep up with this one. Was it an over site, or intentional?

Scott
Hi Scott,

Just an oversight, or maybe I had not even started doing slowed 2-cam stuff yet. I'll see what I can do.

Neil

sbutler

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:07 am

TGNeil wrote:
sbutler wrote:

Scott
Hi Scott,

Just an oversight, or maybe I had not even started doing slowed 2-cam stuff yet. I'll see what I can do.

Neil
That would be great Neil. My new years resolution, once my shoulder healed enough to play, has been to revisit the difficult stuff that I've worked on for several years, but never played cleanly. Starting over by being more disciplined and playing them slowly, is a much better approach. Playing along with you in the slow mode, is a lot better way for me to practice.
Scott
ps, your new "two camera angle" shots are looking really cool.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic