Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Vincent – Lesson 1 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Very little of this lesson was spent on Vincent until the end. We started off talking about re-learning pieces that may have been neglected for many years, and the time involved recovering from many years off.

We also talked about approaches to tackling very difficult passages. We then talked about putting together a chord solo arrangement of Dust In The Wind before starting on Vincent. I stressed the importance of learning the chord progression first, and then got into an ear-training exercise with the song.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

sbutler

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:15 am

Thanks for getting into this one Sandy. I've been on and off with Vincent for a long time. I'm certainly going to watch as you progress.

Scott

sandysue

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:55 am

Thank you Scott

I love this song. I've been working on the tablature this week. It's surprisingly easy to learn and really really pretty. Next I'll work on adding the vocal part. I'd love to learn the instrumental version, but it's a higher degree of difficulty, and I'm really happy with this version for now. :)

Sandy

willem

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Sandy what is exactly the point start this with eartraining?

sandysue

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:08 pm

willem wrote:
I'm just trying to work on a little ear training Willem so Neil was helping me figure out the chords to this song before I looked at the tablature. Im just staring to learn ear training and I usually just try to figure out the melody since that's easiest.

Sandy

willem

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 am

sandysue wrote:
willem wrote:
I'm just trying to work on a little ear training Willem so Neil was helping me figure out the chords to this song before I looked at the tablature. Im just staring to learn ear training and I usually just try to figure out the melody since that's easiest.

Sandy
Aghhhh, I had to know that..

Willem

thereshopeyet

Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Scott Wrote:
I've been on and off Vincent for a long time
:ohmy:

Sandy , great FOTW

Dermot

sandysue

Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Thank you Dermot, Its really nice to hear from you, we haven't talked in a while. What have you been working on? Do you like this song (Vincent)?

Sandy

TGNesh

Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:15 am

Awesome job Sandy! :cheer:

I absolutely love this song, jumped on it immediately when it came out and also learned Muriel's version. It is súch a beautiful song (did you know that it's about 'our' dutch Vincent Van Gogh, the painter?)....looking forward to see how you evolve with this. Many thanks for sharing your lessons!

Ness

sandysue

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Awesome job Sandy! :cheer:

I absolutely love this song, jumped on it immediately when it came out and also learned Muriel's version. It is súch a beautiful song (did you know that it's about 'our' dutch Vincent Van Gogh, the painter?)....looking forward to see how you evolve with this. Many thanks for sharing your lessons!

Ness
Hi Ness

I did know this song was about Vincent Van Gogh. That makes it even more special I think. It's really a beautiful song. I'm really enjoying the singing version. The tablature has some of the melody woven into it, and it's really nice. I also love Muriel's version, but of course it has a much higher degree of difficulty to learn, but is beautiful.

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic