>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Guaranteed - Eddie Vedder

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Guaranteed is a song written and performed by Pearl Jam vocalist Eddie Vedder from the 2007 ‘Into The Wild’-soundtrack. It is the final track of the album for which he received the 2007 Golden Globe Award.

The lesson covers the eight measure progression in the key of G, the chords, the fast travis style fingerpicking pattern, and touches a bit on how to practice the picking as well as how to change chords smoothly.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:31 am

TGNessa,

I've had a busy day, so I'm just getting to this now.

This is a pretty song and emotional. I really like Eddie's stuff and... Well as you know I'm a sucker for beautiful fingerpicking songs.

Let's see if I can sing this one without getting all choked up like I did with The End.

Beautiful song. Thanks Ness.

Shel

Edit - so now you've got me on an Eddie fest. :)

sandysue

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:51 pm

That's a really pretty song Ness, nice choice. :)

Sandy

michelew

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:30 pm

I finished watching all of the segments of this lesson today. Nicely broken down as always Ness.

When I'm playing/practicing, I used to often hear you in my head saying "sustain, sustain, sustain". But, with the addition of so many lessons now, I'm also hearing you say:
- "isolate and stop right there" :) or "change and then stop right there"
- "slow it down" (I need to remind myself of that A LOT),
- "let go in time to change" and "don't cut it off" (Which leads me back to "sustain, sustain, sustain". :) ). And so on. :)

It's good having a teacher sitting on your shoulder. Make that a virtual teacher, ... A little hard to play otherwise. :P did you realise you could be in so many places at once? Even while you're sleeping. That's a good trick.

Thanks for the reminders Ness (all of them). :)

Shel

TGNesh

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:42 am

Michele: So I gave you a fun ear worm?!?! :laugh: Well I take it as a 'I'm doing something right here' (teaching wise), because I absolutely want students to get those things in their heads and apply it to their playing/practicing in general. So that's really cool to hear! :cheer: And yes I know you're a sucker for fingerpicking songs ;) and that you like Eddie V's stuff, so let me hear whenever you get it down. Choking or not! :P Yeah, The End is absolutely ....killing...Thanks so much Shel, very glad you like the addition of this one!

Sandy: Thank you Sandy, glad you like it! He absolutely has some beautiful songs. Someone reminded me on face book that I had him on my list. So I'm happy to finally get to him!

TGNessa B)

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Vanessa

You pick some brilliant songs and make great lessons.

Dermot

:) Image

TGNesh

Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:32 am

That's awesome to hear Dermot, many thanks!! :cheer: :)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

You pick some brilliant songs and make great lessons.

Dermot

:) Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic