>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Kiss From A Rose - Seal

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNesh

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Hey all, it took me a while to get back here, especially since I was actually prétty pleased reading all your comments on this one!

Chris: Two whóle minutes? How could that be?? :laugh: Yep, complete with Play Through, take it that you enjoyed that one! :P Thanks my friend, always great to hear from you!

Michele: Couldn't agree more Shel, love this song as well, it's just really beautiful. Funny enough, I just had never thought of it as a guitar song, so I was happy to make it happen after hearing Seal's acoustic version.
Buttuh....you of cóurse need to share it with us once you got it down!! ;) Thanks so much sweet friend, loved to read you liked the Play Through too. :blush: :cheer:

Scott: I was right there with you buddy, like I said to Shel, I never looked at it as a guitar song as well. Glad to have opened your eyes as well! ;) Thanks my friend! (can't believe I need to wait another year before I get the chance to hang out with you again... :( )

Dermot: That's good to hear Dermot, since the strings sounded dead to me, I finally put new ones on today. Although not too pleased with those, but oh well. Terrible at making terrible lessons :S :laugh: Great, thanks!! :P

Wrench: I am really pleased to hear that there are Seal -fans here, I really wasn't sure what to expect when uploading this lesson. So yeah, awesome to hear you like the lesson too! Many thanks Dan!

Dennis: Hey Den'! How cool to hear from you, it's been too long! Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving me such a kind note too!

Tom N.: Now what are the chances that that might happen?? :dry: But it did, cool! ;) Many thanks Tom, great to hear from you!

Willem: So how is it going Willem? Coming along? :) Glad you're enjoying this one. The Play Through and the lesson took me.....you have no idea... Oh well. :) Thanks Willem!

Many thanks all!

TGNess B)

tech2121

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:35 am

This is awesome read, I am impressed by this.
Happy Rose Day Sms
Happy Kiss Day Sms

wrsomers

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:26 am

I wonder when we will stop seeing spammers on this forum

wrsomers

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:00 am

Ness,
I don't know why I overlooked this lesson. Maybe because Seal's range is waaaay above mine and I wouldn't try to sing up there.

Anyway, I just went through the lesson and just love it. Such a haunting, and fairly easy chord progression. As always the lesson was very detailed and easy to comprehend, and the play through beautiful.

Maybe I'll try to adapt it to my range and see what happens.

Judging by the low response to my last video, maybe I should get back to more pop music :silly: :)

Bill

spinland

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:37 am

Yeah, I'm obscurely grateful to the spammer for bringing this thread to my attention. I'm captivated by this lesson. Must add to my list. :silly:

wrsomers wrote:
Judging by the low response to my last video, maybe I should get back to more pop music :silly: :)
Heh. You're merely discovering who are your true fans, Bill. :woohoo:

jayswett

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:21 am

Great lesson, as usual. I would love to just sit and watch you work, figuring out how to play these songs. I'm sure I would find that fascinating. Thanks for another great one.u Off to download that song right now.

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:37 am

Vanessa

You are terrible at making terrible lessons ... too good !

I've heard this song before it was on the radio a lot.
Seal has a great voice.
Crazy is another cool song !

Here's a quote from Link - Songfacts
What is Seal's actual birth name? Take a deep breath and say "Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel." Yes, all six of them. Seal is of Nigerian and Brazilian heritage, which might explain some of his unique international appeal.
I suppose your name is longer :dry: :P

Dermot

wrsomers

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:42 am

spinland wrote:
Heh. You're merely discovering who are your true fans, Bill. :woohoo:
Mark,

After having posted close to 40 songs here, I know who my true fans are :) . And I appreciate all of them :kiss: .

My comment was totally tongue in cheek and they all surely know that. The lack of response has more to do with people doing other things in their busy lives. This forum has its ups and downs activity-wise. Maybe my next one will get more responses. But like I always try to say...It's all good. :)

Peace,
Bill

spinland

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:43 pm

wrsomers wrote:
My comment was totally tongue in cheek...
Howdy, Bill! So was mine: tongue so firmly planted it's a wonder I didn't break something. ;)

TGNesh

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:41 am

Hey guys!

Spammers are usually annoying, but i guess I should be grateful for him to bump up this particular lesson. :laugh:

Can't help to say that I'm again very pleased to hear your comments! :cheer:

Bill: Thanks so much Bill, it sure was very nice to read yours. You're right, it's a fairly easy strumming song, although getting that intro in is probably harder than it looks. I hear you about Seal's range of voice. Even he sings it a step down or something sometimes. I'm sure you'll find a way of arranging it for yourself, would be very cool!

Spinland: Many thanks Mark, I'm glad this song/lesson caught your attention. It sure is a gorgeous song and just really nice to play. :)

Dermot: I really don't get why you edited your comment Dermot, I liked the original one way better. :( Especially the songfacts-link and his name. :ohmy: Thankfully I read comments often right after they've been posted, so I caught it anyway, thanks! (you really should stop doing that.... :S )

Jay: I have to say that working on a song, as in trying to come up with an arrangement is by far the best part of this job. I réally like working on a song and see where it goes. It also shows me my own personal progress throughout the years. Songs that didn't really work a few years ago, are working now when I look into them again, with a renewed view of experience.
Actually for me it'd be very nice to have someone around to provide feedback. Often I would personally believe that it works, but I'm just not sure if others feel the same way. (actually a very good example of that will be a song, to be released tomorrow) So getting the feedback here, even though it's áfter releasing a lesson, is always very fulfilling. Many thanks Jay, great to hear from you!

Thanks guys!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic