>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Kiss From A Rose - Seal

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Kiss From A Rose is a song written, recorded and performed by the British singer/songwriter and multiple Grammy Award winner Seal.

It was released in 1994 on his self titled album ‘Seal II’, re-released in 1995 and was included on the soundtrack of Batman Forever. Eventually it won awards for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.

This lesson is primarily based on the acoustic version which was included on Seal’s album ‘Best 1991-2004’. It covers the chords, and the strumming in 6/8, which occasionally changes to 9/8 back and forth in the verses and the progression.

The lesson also takes a look at how to play the piano intro and incorporates the melody notes into the guitar playing.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:33 pm

How cool is this! Wow, nice one Ness! Can't believe I have wasted 2 minuets getting here already :-)

And complete with wonderful play through too. Nice!

michelew

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:49 pm

TGNessa,

I've always LOVED this song! It's SO beautiful.

SO cool that you're teaching how to incorporate the piano intro.

Fantastic choice Ness.

I'm diving into it now.

Woo hoo! Very happy here. :) :) :)

Shel

sbutler

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:00 pm

This song has always been a favorite of mine. It was so different. Unique I guess, but I never thought of it as an acoustic guitar song until you opened my eyes just now.

Thanks Buddy, this one is a keeper.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Vanessa

You are terrible at making terrible lessons ... too good !

Your guitar sounds great too :)

I've heard this song before it was on the radio a lot.
Seal has a great voice.
Crazy is another cool song !

Here's a quote from Link - Songfacts
What is Seal's actual birth name? Take a deep breath and say "Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel." Yes, all six of them. Seal is of Nigerian and Brazilian heritage, which might explain some of his unique international appeal.
I suppose your name is longer :dry: :P

Dermot

wrench

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Big Seal fan here, and this song was on my short list for a couple of years now. Not on the short list anymore......it's in the finish column.

What a stellar song selection and what a stellar lesson!

Many thanks Vanessa.

dennisg

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Fabulous! You're a marvel.

tombo1230

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 pm

I love this song. I was just watching Seal perform last night on a video I had recorded and was thinking
that I would love to play one of his songs and then you come up with this great lesson. Timing for the appearance of this lesson was perfect Vanessa, thanks. B) :)

Tom N.

michelew

Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:40 am

TGNessa,

I just finished watching all of the segments to this. It's a great lesson Ness. There are some beautiful chords in there, the intro/interlude works really well and your playthrough is reeeeeally gorgeous; just beautiful.

I used to play a simpler version of this. I never realised there wee 9/8 sections in there. I guess I just changed at the right words, although I think I remember getting jumbled sometimes. It's good to have the 9/8 knowledge.

I'm still working on making the intro smooth and my pinkie is complaining a little :) but I've been enjoying learning this and just strumming through it.

Thanks again Ness. I love your work.

Shel

willem

Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:27 am

Thanks for this great song,I think you can often find me in this corner(lesson)..capo on one sounded also fine

well this was great play through,(can't imagine you put it all together in one day).. :laugh: B)

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic