Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Vincent – Lesson 2 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wal

Sandy’s project of taking Don McLean’s tune Vincent up to a performable level was proving somewhat difficult. Aside from just getting the free-form guitar part under control, the singing is a bit free-form and lyrical as well.

In this lesson we talked about just getting the picking similar to the original, trying to get some specific runs accurately. We talked about just connecting the chords with the words, not worrying about the picking details but most of this lesson was dedicated to the picking highlights.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

thereshopeyet

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Sandy,

Thanks for sharing your Vincent FOTW.
Looks tough.

Dermot

Part 2 - High Quality isn't playing at the moment.
I've posted support an image of the error message.

:(

sandysue

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:33 pm

thank you Dermot

Im having a hard time playing and singing the song at the same time, especially when Im fingerpicking the arpeggio version rather than strumming. It's an emotional song so the song speeds up and slows down, and there is no alternating bass to help with the timing. Wow that was a lot of WHINING. Neil is amazingly patient. :) I love this song, and it is not really that difficult, so I obviously just need to be quiet and keep practicing. :S

sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic