>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Cavatina - Stanley Myers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

One of the most recognized classical guitar pieces of the last 50 years, Cavatina started out as a short piano piece by English composer Stanley Myers. In 1970 John Williams encouraged Stanley to stretch it out and they put together an orchestrel version with two guitars. It was first recorded for Williams’ 1971 album, Changes, and was used as a theme in the movie The Walking Stick in 1970. The movie The Deer Hunter then used the song as its main theme in 1978, launching the piece into the mainstream. Almost every classical guitar player since then has worked on playing the solo version, mostly as arranged and performed by John Williams.

This lesson goes through my thoughts and ideas of some of the possibilities a guitar player should explore with Cavatina. I offer my choice of fingerings, as well as other options that might work better for other players. There are a lot of barre chords involved and getting the melody to flow gently and smoothly, legato, will be very challenging.

We start with a Play Through, a little history and background, and a look at the first 18 measures.

Enjoy this level 8 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

tombo1230

Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:28 pm

I really like this tune and have for a long time been wanting to learn it. I never really got around to it, now I can, thanks Neil.

Tom N.

crieniecat

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:51 am

Cavatina = Captivating
Beautiful piece of music :-)

Thanks,
Corina

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic