>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Hunting High And Low - A-Ha

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Mon May 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Hunting High And Low is a ‘hunting’ song by the Norwegian band A-Ha. It appears on their first album with the same name, which became a huge commercial success. The lesson takes a look at Paul Waaktaar-Savoy’s guitar part as performed on stage.

It features easy strumming and an unusual progression in the key of Am. There are many chords involved, including barre chords from both the A and E families, although Paul uses 4 string-chord shapes for the latter. There is also an ascending bass line in the3rd verse which might be a little tricky to some guitar players.

Enjoy this level 5 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

crieniecat

Mon May 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Vanessa...WOW! :ohmy:

That's a Fantastic performance of a Fantastic song! :woohoo:
Not only the lyrics are really brilliant, but the music is too! It has been and will stay on my all times favorite list...

You do justice to the song in every way possible :cheer:

Corina. :)

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Very nice Ness, completely unexpected! :ohmy: :)

michelew

Mon May 04, 2015 11:21 pm

TGNessa,

I'm having a pretty intense work day. I've stopped for lunch and to clear my head. Boy am I GLAD I tuned into TG and this lesson!

I just watched both of your play throughs. I REALLY enjoyed them both. I especially loved the fingerpicking version. The way you built up the song was fabulous and really added to the intensity of the song. I swear I learn something EVERY time I watch you perform. Your singing is wonderful too. Brilliant.

That's one intense song. I really like the moodiness of it and the dark chords.

You made my day.

L

Shel

michelew

Mon May 04, 2015 11:38 pm

BTW - I'm all for you taking the time it takes to add extra content to your lessons, especially when it illustrates something that's best shown in a performance. Well really that goes for all the details and ... Well you know how much value for money you give us. If taking the time means you're running a little behind schedule I say it's worth the wait. :) So don't stress sweet woman. We'll here ready to enjoy your next great offering once it's ready.

Thanks!

TGNesh

Tue May 05, 2015 9:43 am

Well ladies and gentleman, I absolutely started the day smiling! :cheer: I've always loved the song, so really happy to do a lesson on it.

Corina: Well what can I say.... :blush: Doing a song justice is always a major compliment to me, especially from one who loves the song as well, although I didn't particularly know until last Sunday. Since I still needed to record the play through, it was a nice confidence booster when performing it for you, that you liked it! :cheer: ;) Thanks so much my friend!

Chris: Great! I can't help to enjoy to get to the unexpected ones, a surprise kinda lesson, so another mission accomplished, thanks Chris! ;)

Michele: Cheering up ones day is something that I absolutely love to do as well!! :cheer: And of course, the 'I swear I learn something EVERY time', well love that compliment too! :P The song is intense for sure, well....that must be my kinda song, since it's my middle name, haha! :laugh: Really glad you enjoyed both play throughs and appreciate the extra work I put into it. You're the best Shel, many thanks!

TGNessa B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic