Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Angel – Lesson 1 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

As Sandy continued working on songs she wanted to sing, we took a look at Angel by Sarah McLachlan. We started the week before with the chord progression and in this lesson went over tips on syncing the vocals with the accompaniment.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

TGNesh

Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 am

You're well on your way Sandy, awesome!

Looking forward to watch the other parts for sure! :)

Ness

sandysue

Thu May 07, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks Ness.

I can finally play it and sing it at the same time. I'm still working on the timing so that the vocal and instrumental part match. That's easier said than done. :)

Sandy

willem

Thu May 07, 2015 4:37 pm

It ain't easy placing/singing the melody, even with 123456 strumming it ain't easy and after that the free form guitar playing, when I hear Sarah I have always trouble to hear or feel the 3/4 or 6/8 beat,.

We sing this song in our choir and the trouble I called was there too..

Goodluck and I hope we will hear/see your performence,, I also keep trying.

Willem

PS,, maybe find a singer or someone who plays the guitar,, just an idea!!

sandysue

Thu May 07, 2015 5:48 pm

That's great that you are singing this song in your choir Willem. Are you also learning to play it on the guitar.?You already have a great vocalist to sing with you. I really love the way Sarah sings this song. She has such a beautiful voice. I have finally learned to sing and play this one, but it's going to take a lot of practice to make it sound smooth. . Just wish I sounded like Sarah McLachlan. HaHa. :)

willem

Fri May 08, 2015 11:30 am

sandysue wrote:
That's great that you are singing this song in your choir Willem. Are you also learning to play it on the guitar.?You already have a great vocalist to sing with you. I really love the way Sarah sings this song. She has such a beautiful voice. I have finally learned to sing and play this one, but it's going to take a lot of practice to make it sound smooth. . Just wish I sounded like Sarah McLachlan. HaHa. :)
I don't work constant on this song ( I toke Angie RS And Harvest moon NY out the closet again) and I hope that your FOTW's can help and put also a light on how to get Angel down, where to start with and get it a level up,I found it a good tip putting slashes above the quarter singin notes..

Its such a beautiful song,, our choir arrangement is a bit diffrent then SM one, there are more voices involved and are not the full lyrics , its a arrangement.

Willem

sandysue

Fri May 08, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm sure that your choir version is really pretty Willem with all of the different voices. I'm playing it as an arpeggio counting 1&2&3&4&5&6& in my head but only tapping my foot only 3 times per measure. :S and on top of all that I'm singing too (kinda). :) I just sing along with SM on her studio recorded version. Sometimes I sing along with Vanessa and Corina on their lesson.

Sandy

willem

Fri May 08, 2015 12:29 pm

sandysue wrote:
I'm sure that your choir version is really pretty Willem with all of the different voices. I'm playing it as an arpeggio counting 1&2&3&4&5&6& in my head but only tapping my foot only 3 times per measure. :S and on top of all that I'm singing too (kinda). :) I just sing along with SM on her studio recorded version. Sometimes I sing along with Vanessa and Corina on their lesson.

Sandy
When you listen to SM (Only listen) can you hear or feel ( accompaniment) its in 3/4 or 6/8 time?

TGNesh

Fri May 08, 2015 12:34 pm

I would go for 6/8 Willem, but 3/4 is correct as well. All over the net, on any piece of sheet music out there, it's written out in 3/4 which is the reason why I cave in for that one (ik dacht, laat ik eens niet eigenwijs zijn! :P ). Personally I absolutely feel 6/8. :)

What do you feel?

willem wrote:

When you listen to SM (Only listen) can you hear or feel ( acompaniment) its in 3/4 or 6/8 time?

willem

Fri May 08, 2015 1:58 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
I would go for 6/8 Willem, but 3/4 is correct as well. All over the net, on any piece of sheet music out there, it's written out in 3/4 which is the reason why I cave in for that one (ik dacht, laat ik eens niet eigenwijs zijn! :P ). Personally I absolutely feel 6/8. :)

What do you feel?

willem wrote:

When you listen to SM (Only listen) can you hear or feel ( acompaniment) its in 3/4 or 6/8 time?
The question was more abaut the feeling in general in that song (maybe its to slow..lol), the most I feel it in the melody line (3/4), in the accompaniment I have trouble feeling it, cos? It is not a constant 123123 or 123456?

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic