>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Lovesong - Adele

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNesh

Mon May 11, 2015 8:44 am

Hey Kev, many thanks! Very glad you're enjoying the latest lessons/songs! :cheer:

As for the F-chord, I actually don't know what you mean. F-note, other fingers tucked underneath? Bigger version? The lead work? :dry: :)

Ness

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Miss Nessa
Your last two lesson have been songs on my to do list for a long time. This one and Angle. Both great tunes. I will be doing Angle at some time soon.LOVE the way this song moves.
The F chord in this song. The one you have to get on the F note and tuck your other fingers underneath that note is a hard chord for me to hit on the run. But like you play it, getting the bass note down first will make a big difference it getting to it. I do like the bigger version a bit better. I love the way the lead work work so well in the bigger version. But when I get to love song by Adel I well have to take a little closer look at this one.

Keep them coming Ness
Kev

michelew

Tue May 12, 2015 6:06 am

crieniecat wrote:

michelew wrote:
Corina - I imagine you can sing this beautifully. If I ever make it to an IGC, (which absolutely won't be this year) perhaps we can perform this together, with you singing and me playing (since I imagine it wouldn't be possible for me to do both in front of a live audience). I've been enjoying seeing the performances you do with Ness and your contributions to the forum too. keep them coming.

Shel
Well thank you Shel!
I would really love to perform this song together with you but who knows, with all the encouragement of the other campers you might be brave enough to do it both, and I'll be cheering and sitting at front row for you :kiss:

I am happy to hear you enjoy the performances with Vanessa, I am so very lucky to be a part of it all.

Recently I (finally) found the time to keep up with the forum, and it's nice to stay in touch with many friends I've come to meet at the previous IGC's, but also to learn more about fellow members I haven't met yet.
From what I read so far, you all are such supportive people and the energy here is positive, which I think is what we need more these days.
Life is serious as it is :P

Now I've got my fingers crossed for you to make it to next years camp, and if I manage to come again in 2016, we've got us a plan lady! :woohoo:

Corina :)
Sweet! :) well regardless of whether we ever perform together, it would great to meet you and to hear you sing in person. So I hope the planets align.

Have a great time at 2015 IGC!

M

michelew

Tue May 12, 2015 6:14 am

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Miss Nessa
Your last two lesson have been songs on my to do list for a long time. This one and Angle. Both great tunes. I will be doing Angle at some time soon.LOVE the way this song moves.
The F chord in this song. The one you have to get on the F note and tuck your other fingers underneath that note is a hard chord for me to hit on the run. But like you play it, getting the bass note down first will make a big difference it getting to it. I do like the bigger version a bit better. I love the way the lead work work so well in the bigger version. But when I get to love song by Adel I well have to take a little closer look at this one.

Keep them coming Ness
Kev
I think I know what you mean about the Fmaj7 Kev. At first it felt a little awkward, but as with all things a little slow repetition got it sorted. You really just need to angle the base of your index finger towards the nut a little so it's out of the way. I'm not even thinking about it now.

The big version, I assume you mean the album version of the song with two guitar parts and a solo. I agree that's a beautiful version. And I'd love to hear you play the solo. But, you've got to admit that this version that Ness has found and taught is damn cool and gives the feel of the album without the extra instrumentation.

You'd kill this. Be sure to post once you have it down.

Shel

dekotaj

Tue May 12, 2015 9:03 am

Thats it Sis.
Kinda scary that you can read my typing. HA HA!
And YES Ness dose a great job on all her lesson. ( But, you've got to admit that this version that Ness has found and taught is damn cool and gives the feel of the album ) I sure hope that's not people are thinking I was typing?? I'm just a sucker for a nice lead is all.
Fmaj7 so that's what it is. I just call it a A minor with a F in the bass.

Thanks Sis
Brother Kev

TGNesh

Tue May 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Ah now I get it Kev', I thought you were talking about Angel. :)

In the original recording of Lovesong, there is of course more than one guitar, which sounds great. I have certainly considered to get into that one as well, but eventually decided to go for a solo-version, since most students will likely play it by themselves. And it would've taken me a whole lotta more work to get into both versions, so indeed decided to leave it to this.

And yes, Fmaj7 it is ;)

Thanks Kev, again really glad you like the latest additions! :cheer:

Ness

dekotaj wrote:
Thats it Sis.
Kinda scary that you can read my typing. HA HA!
And YES Ness dose a great job on all her lesson. ( But, you've got to admit that this version that Ness has found and taught is damn cool and gives the feel of the album ) I sure hope that's not people are thinking I was typing?? I'm just a sucker for a nice lead is all.
Fmaj7 so that's what it is. I just call it a A minor with a F in the bass.

Thanks Sis
Brother Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic