>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Lovesong - Adele

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Fri May 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Adele is a British singer-songwriter and really doesn’t need any introduction at all.

Lovesong is the tenth track on her huge selling 2nd studio album ‘21.’ It was originally written and recorded by the English alternative rock band The Cure and appears on their 1989 album ‘Disintegration.’

This lesson is primarily based on an acoustic version as performed at KCRW, in which she was accompanied by only one guitar player along with a synthesizer.

The song features a very cool bossa nova groove in the key of Am, where the guitar is capoed on the 3rd fret. The playing involves random picking, muting, slapping the strings and a lot of embellishments such as hammer-on’s and pull-off’s.

Anyone trying to tackle this song should be comfortable fingerpicking in general.

Enjoy this level 5 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri May 08, 2015 3:14 pm

What a cool guitar part.. B)

michelew

Fri May 08, 2015 6:23 pm

TGNessa!

My hero! WOO HOO!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :) thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :D thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :) :) thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :D :D thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :) :) :) thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :D :D :D thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :) :) :) :) thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :D :D :D :D thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :) :D :) :D :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

WMMMMMMMAAAAAA! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: and many huge hugs!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Adele's version of this song. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bossa nova groove. I LOVE it's sultry soulfulness. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you've taught a version that can be played on a solo guitar. This version is SO cool. It incorporates SO many techniques that I enjoy both playing and hearing; tapping, double bass notes with the thumb, muting, syncopated rhythm and of course all the embellishments that are a fabulous part of anyone's arsenal. And I just KNOW that I'll be picking up even more than you've already talked about in the preview.

I'll be working on this one until I can record it, playing and singing, no matter how long that takes me.

This is a FABULOUS addition to the library.

THANK YOU!

WOO HOO!

Love

Shel

michelew

Sat May 09, 2015 12:36 am

I'm LOVIN' this lesson. Fabulous detail, great version and you've given me everything I need to learn it.

Thank you!

Thanks for including two playthroughs; one at slow speed and one at full speed. The fact you're not singing (just humming a little) makes it easy to hear exactly what you're playing. I was playing with you in the slow version for the little bits I've learned so far. I'm mostly concentrating on getting measures 9 -12 completely automatic and the intro.

Just is case you missed it so far, I'm doing little happy dances today since I can finally learn this song properly and eventually perform it by myself.

YEH!

:)

Shel

crieniecat

Sat May 09, 2015 4:53 am

michelew wrote:
I'm LOVIN' this lesson. Fabulous detail, great version and you've given me everything I need to learn it.

Thank you!

Thanks for including two playthroughs; one at slow speed and one at full speed. The fact you're not singing (just humming a little) makes it easy to hear exactly what you're playing. I was playing with you in the slow version for the little bits I've learned so far. I'm mostly concentrating on getting measures 9 -12 completely automatic and the intro.

Just is case you missed it so far, I'm doing little happy dances today since I can finally learn this song properly and eventually perform it by myself.

YEH!

:)

Shel
Thanks Shel, for bringing a huge smile upon my face just now! :laugh:
It's a beautiful song and I'm looking forward to your recording of it too :cheer:

Vanessa, chapeau! :kiss:

Cheers,
Corina.

TGNesh

Sat May 09, 2015 10:56 am

Willem: I couldn't agree more Willem! Very cool and much fun to play! :)

Michele: Well Shel, like what you did to Corina, you put a HUGE smile on my face! :cheer: :laugh: :blush: I take it that you're happy with the addition of this one! :P Very happy that you like it too and that you get so much out of it. I sure put a lot of work in it. And yes, it goes for me too, can't wait to hear your rendition of it, that's a done dealio! :cheer: Thanks so much sweet friend! :kiss:

Corina: Thanks schat! :) Yeah, Shel has a way of writing down her little dances when she's happy with a new lesson and when expressing her support and appreciation. It always, as you can imagine, makes my day. :cheer: Anyway, many thanks for your support as well, I love it that you hang around the forum like you do. Hug! :kiss:

TGNessa B)

Edit: Shel, your approach to focus on those measures and the intro tells me that you got my point there. Get the hang of that first, the rest is just dressing it up. Good on ya! :)

michelew

Sun May 10, 2015 12:45 am

Ness and Corina, :)

Well I'm always glad to put a smile on people's faces. Thanks for the encouragement.

Corina - I imagine you can sing this beautifully. If I ever make it to an IGC, (which absolutely won't be this year) perhaps we can perform this together, with you singing and me playing (since I imagine it wouldn't be possible for me to do both in front of a live audience). I've been enjoying seeing the performances you do with Ness and your contributions to the forum too. keep them coming.

Shel

michelew

Sun May 10, 2015 3:21 am

BTW - Ness it's obvious you've put an enormous about of work into this lesson. And I ABSOLUTELY appreciate it. The fact that you worked out what Ben(?) is playing in the version you choose to teach, tabbed it out, and then teach and even play it in the playthroughs is HUGE. Oh and did I mention 21 minute segment! OMG! :) :p great detail.

Thanks Ness. It's coming together. I'm finding the three finger pull-offs a bit awkward but the first verse and intro are appearing. :) my fingers are sore already. :)

Love your work!

Shel

crieniecat

Sun May 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Corina - I imagine you can sing this beautifully. If I ever make it to an IGC, (which absolutely won't be this year) perhaps we can perform this together, with you singing and me playing (since I imagine it wouldn't be possible for me to do both in front of a live audience). I've been enjoying seeing the performances you do with Ness and your contributions to the forum too. keep them coming.

Shel[/quote]

Well thank you Shel!
I would really love to perform this song together with you but who knows, with all the encouragement of the other campers you might be brave enough to do it both, and I'll be cheering and sitting at front row for you :kiss:

I am happy to hear you enjoy the performances with Vanessa, I am so very lucky to be a part of it all.

Recently I (finally) found the time to keep up with the forum, and it's nice to stay in touch with many friends I've come to meet at the previous IGC's, but also to learn more about fellow members I haven't met yet.
From what I read so far, you all are such supportive people and the energy here is positive, which I think is what we need more these days.
Life is serious as it is :P

Now I've got my fingers crossed for you to make it to next years camp, and if I manage to come again in 2016, we've got us a plan lady! :woohoo:

Corina :)

dekotaj

Sun May 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Hey Miss Nessa
Your last two lesson have been songs on my to do list for a long time. This one and Angle. Both great tunes. I will be doing Angle at some time soon.LOVE the way this song moves.
The F chord in this song. The one you have to get on the F note and tuck your other fingers underneath that note is a hard chord for me to hit on the run. But like you play it, getting the bass note down first will make a big difference it getting to it. I do like the bigger version a bit better. I love the way the lead work work so well in the bigger version. But when I get to love song by Adel I well have to take a little closer look at this one.

Keep them coming Ness
Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic