>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Every Breaking Wave - U2

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Fri May 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Every Breaking Wave is a song by the amazing Irish rock band U2. It is taken from their latest 2014 studio album ‘Songs Of Innocence’.

The lesson takes a look at the acoustic version as recorded on the deluxe version of the album in which Edge plays it on the piano.

It features an easy progression in the key of C, using a classic IV, VI, I, V where the guitar is capoed on the 4th fret to match the absolute key of E.

The arrangement shows a simple fingerpicking arpeggio, copying Edge’s piano playing, for most parts of the song. For the other parts it shows random picking and strumming, while accentuating beats 1, the and of beat 2 and beat 4. It also covers a little melody line in the chorus which might be tricky to some guitar players.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri May 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Yes Adam it is.lol...U2 is good..I like the pickin sound.

Willem

michelew

Fri May 15, 2015 5:15 pm

TGNessa,

I love the way you find fabulous acoustic versions, and piano no less, and covert them into versions we can play on a solo guitar. This is a beautiful version and from what I've seen so far I'm going to really enjoy learning and playing it.

I love the drums in the BBC clip, very cool.

Thank you!

Shel

michelew

Sat May 16, 2015 1:42 am

I really enjoyed your playthough Ness. The way you build it up from soft picking to intense really draws me in and the whole thing evokes a lot of feeling like always. Beautiful!

TGNesh

Tue May 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Haha, indeed Adam it is! :laugh: Can't believe that I couldn't come up with this name immediately, after being a U2-fan for over 25 years! :ohmy: :laugh:

willem wrote:
Yes Adam it is.lol...U2 is good..I like the pickin sound.

Willem

TGNesh

Tue May 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks so much Shel for both your comments!

Yes, I really like to 'play' with a song, dynamically speaking. In my opinion, it's all in those little details. Always very happy to hear you enjoyed the play through! And since you're into the piano as well, you should give it a go on that one too. Key of E, so A, C#m, E to B. Play thirds with the right hand and simply octave's with the left hand. :)

Thanks again my friend!

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
I really enjoyed your playthough Ness. The way you build it up from soft picking to intense really draws me in and the whole thing evokes a lot of feeling like always. Beautiful!

michelew

Tue May 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Thanks for the piano tips Ness. I'll definitely give it a go.

Maybe Matt should invite you to make some appearances over at TK as a guest teacher. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic