>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - You And Your Heart - Jack Johnson

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

You And Your Heart is another ‘breezy, rhythm guitar-driven hit’ by Hawaiian singer-songwriter Jack Johnson, and is the lead single from his 2010 studio album ‘To The Sea’.

The lesson takes a look at how Jack performs it acoustically in the key of C, but also addresses the album version which is in the key of D. The first one is a little laid back, while the original recording swings a bit more.

It also covers the progression and the main riffs which are very fun to play. It requires focussed strumming at the speed of 16th’s, while making sure that the other strings are dead by muting them with the left hand.

The strumming patterns for those riffs are carried over to the rest of the song, but should be done full on, driving and consistent.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Sat May 23, 2015 4:23 am

Hey TGNessa!

I first heard this song when you played in the the Jack Johnson Busking Thread not long after you joined TG. I remember at the time thinking how cool the percussive start and the riff were. Well it's no less true today.

Cool choice of lesson. I really enjoyed your playthrough too Ness, nice vibe.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Sat May 23, 2015 7:15 am

. Image

TGNesh

Tue May 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Ah you remember??! :laugh: Gosh that's so long ago, at least 4 and a half years. Come to think of, it's been exactly 2 years (and a day) ) when this lesson got posted, since I officially became TGVanessa. At the moment I've done over 80 lessons and on my way (in a little over 3 months) to attend the third International Guitar Camp. :ohmy: :woohoo: Where did the time go! :blink: By that time I've been at TG for exactly 5 years. I should celebrate it! :laugh:

But I digress :P , you're right, it's a much fun and cool song to play for sure, you should try it! ;)

It's funny, very often I like the acoustic versions of songs better, but for this one, I actually like the performances with his band more, it really swings, too cool!

Anyway, many thanks for always dropping by Shel, I can álways count on you! :cheer:

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
Hey TGNessa!

I first heard this song when you played in the the Jack Johnson Busking Thread not long after you joined TG. I remember at the time thinking how cool the percussive start and the riff were. Well it's no less true today.

Cool choice of lesson. I really enjoyed your playthrough too Ness, nice vibe.

Shel

TGNesh

Tue May 26, 2015 2:32 pm

You're very welcome Dermot! :)

thereshopeyet wrote:
. Image

michelew

Wed May 27, 2015 12:52 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Ah you remember??! :laugh: Gosh that's so long ago, at least 4 and a half years. Come to think of, it's been exactly 2 years (and a day) ) when this lesson got posted, since I officially became TGVanessa. At the moment I've done over 80 lessons and on my way (in a little over 3 months) to attend the third International Guitar Camp. :ohmy: :woohoo: Where did the time go! :blink: By that time I've been at TG for exactly 5 years. I should celebrate it! :laugh:
THANKS!

For two years (and a bit more than a day :) ) of

GREAT LESSONS

I've loved them. They've definitely kept me busy. You're making me into a better guitarist with every single one.

I LOVE your work.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic