>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - This Shirt - Mary Chapin Carpenter

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Fri May 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

This Shirt is a song by American singer-songwriter and multiple Grammy Award winner Mary Chapin Carpenter. It’s taken from her 1999 first compilation album ‘Party Doll And Other Favorites’.

It features a lovely Travis style picking arrangement and a moving story. It’s in the key of C, using the I, III, IV, V and VI, with a few different chord shapes for several chords. The guitar is capoed on the 5th fret, which puts it in the absolute key of F.

Enjoy this level 3 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri May 29, 2015 8:44 pm

TGNessa,

Mary Chapin Carpenter has some great songs. This is one of my favourites, hmmm maybe the favourite. The picking is so gorgeous and the story is moving too. I love the device of the shirt as a way of linking the different memories of her life.

It's great to see Mary added to the library. She's got some other good ones if you're looking for more.

As always you've broken this lesson down in a way that makes it very easy to learn; the fingerings are invaluable.

Thanks sweetie. It's another home run in my books. :)

It's also nice to have another easier one to give my head a break from some of the more difficult and irresistible ones you've thrown in recently too.

Brilliant. You play and sing this beautifully too. :) no surprises there. :kiss:

Shel

shinbonepaul

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Thanks Ness! This great song has been a favorite of mine since the early '90s. And for quit a while now, I had been hoping that it be be covered in the TG Target program. You absolutely play and sing it beautifully! I really appreciate the detail you give to your lessons.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Never heard that song or MCC before. Its very pretty and you do your usual excellent job Vanessa!
Packed and ready for camp? :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic