Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - I Heard It Through The Grapevine with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

A few weeks ago, as we started rolling out the lesson on Marvin Gaye’s version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Sandy expressed an interest in working on it. We started this lesson talking about chord shapes in Dropped D Tuning before getting into the opening riff, even using a little ear traing approach at first.

A little Guitar Geography was included as well as we looked at different places to play the same notes.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

willem

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:24 am

Hey Sandy where are the follow up FOTW a bout Angel, I need more,

Goodluck on the grapevine.

Willem

sandysue

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Willem

I put Angel on Facebook for you about a week ago for about 5 minutes and then deleted it. To say that I didn't sound a thing like SM is an understatement to say the least. I'll put it back on FB but you have to promise not to stick your fingers in your ears when you hear me singing. :)

Sandy

sandysue

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 pm

willem

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:34 pm

sandysue wrote:
Willem

I put Angel on Facebook for you about a week ago for about 5 minutes and then deleted it. To say that my voice did not sound a thing like SM's is an understatement to say the least. I'll put it back on FB but you have to promise not to stick your fingers in your ears when you hear me singing. :)

Sandy
I promise!!! hero!!

fjeanmur

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Hey Sandy,

I'm glad to see we're working on the same thing. I just couldn't resist the temptation to try this one. Besides there are two measures in the fourth part of Neil's ragtime thing that are just killers, so I needed a change of pace for a bit. I think it's great that just as I'm starting to work on Grapevine that I can peek in on your lessons. It's the next best thing to being there.

sandysue

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi Jean

I'm glad to hear that you're working on I Heard IT Through The Grape Vine. It's a really great song. I'm having to learn it in small increments, because getting from one chord to another at the right speed while keeping the correct beat, requires some precision. I'm not as advanced as a lot of the guitarists on this site, so it's going to take me a lot of repetition before my transitions become smooth, and hopefully eventually seamless. :S :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic