>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Songbird - Eva Cassidy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
davidrfinn99165

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Many thx for this lesson Ness and Corina.. loved the song, the performance.. and the solo especially. More solos like this please !!!!

TGNesh

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:23 am

Many thanks for your kind comments guys, Dermot (again :laugh: ) Marc, Tom and David! Very glad you've enjoyed it! :cheer:

David 'More solos like this', what would you have in mind?

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:13 am

Wonderful job guys, beautiful!

crieniecat

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:32 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Many thanks for your kind comments guys, Dermot (again :laugh: ) Marc, Tom and David! Very glad you've enjoyed it! :cheer:

Ness
I second that!! Many thanks to all of you, Shel, Dermot, Marc, Tom, David and of course Chris, for your really nice and funny comments :laugh:
Always such a pleasure to "let the bird out" ;)

Corina :silly:

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:34 pm

TGVanessa wrote:

Ness
Haha, you've put me on the spot there Ness... I'm trying to think of songs like Songbird where there is an acoustic solo in the middle which really lifts the song, where it may be quite short but really adds value.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of guitarists rather than songs... Emily Saliers has some great parts in the Indigo Girls' songs, in Power of Two she has a short solo, and Emily's parts throughout are the key to the song. And she takes a solo in Galileo of course.

I also like Ron Block's work with Alison Krauss. Dan Tyminski gets more publicity because of Brother Where Art Thou etc, but Ron's work is great, a good example of a short solo would be Baby Now That I've Found You.

And Willie Nelson as ever - as a solo player it is hard to recreate the effect because he plays in and out of the band, but something like She Is Gone feels like it should be in range.

Thx again for Songbird, and the solo section. I am trying to broaden my range from fingerpicking into a little lead work this year.. something like the solo in Songbird is challenging for me but just within the range i feel i should be able to play so i really appreciate the work which went into creating the solo part of the lesson.

michelew

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:52 pm

I second Power of Two by the Indigo Girls. I was actually listening to this just the other day thinking what a beautiful song it was and wondering whether it would make a good lesson.

As always, the harmonies really give Indigo Girls' songs a lot of their gorgeousness, but I also love the sentiment on this, the percussive strumming and the beautiful solos.

Nice choice David.

I'd learn it! :D

Shel

TGNesh

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:54 am

Thanks David, now I got some sort of idea! :)

Emily Saliers is a great guitar player, her solos aren't necessarily easy though. (The others I'm not really familiar with) and I love what she does throughout any of their Indigo Girls songs.

Power of Two.....I think it's on Neil's list, you might wanna bring it to hís attention. (Shel! :P ) I do have another one on my list though (Ghost), no solo I think. :dry: ....still not getting to it.

What you might wanna try David is the little solo in Eddie Vedders 'Society'. A bit more uptempo (compared to Songbird), melodic and not too hard, I really liked that one too.

Thanks for the comments David and you're very welcome of course! :)

Ness

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Ness
Haha, you've put me on the spot there Ness... I'm trying to think of songs like Songbird where there is an acoustic solo in the middle which really lifts the song, where it may be quite short but really adds value.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of guitarists rather than songs... Emily Saliers has some great parts in the Indigo Girls' songs, in Power of Two she has a short solo, and Emily's parts throughout are the key to the song. And she takes a solo in Galileo of course.

I also like Ron Block's work with Alison Krauss. Dan Tyminski gets more publicity because of Brother Where Art Thou etc, but Ron's work is great, a good example of a short solo would be Baby Now That I've Found You.

And Willie Nelson as ever - as a solo player it is hard to recreate the effect because he plays in and out of the band, but something like She Is Gone feels like it should be in range.

Thx again for Songbird, and the solo section. I am trying to broaden my range from fingerpicking into a little lead work this year.. something like the solo in Songbird is challenging for me but just within the range i feel i should be able to play so i really appreciate the work which went into creating the solo part of the lesson.

davidrfinn99165

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:48 am

Thx Ness... the solo in Society was also bang on the money. Will look forward to Ghost by the Indigo Girls as well, classic Emily fingerpicking!!.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic