>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Creep by Radiohead

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:39 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Willem Wrote:
The audio file sounded very good. you attached two files,the Gpro file and a audio file,,did you export that Gpro file to audio( that sounded very good.
I played the audio file :S and modified my first manually created GPro file.
I took out the high notes on some of the chords so it would strum only the bass sound and changed the beats the G and Gsus4 chords happen.
I still think the GPro File could be better but I don't know how to improve it
My playing to has vast room improvement but this lesson has been fun for me all be it a bit creepy :dry: !

Playing the full song from beginning to end will be a long term challenge, it's a left hand wrist killer for me. :woohoo:
Although my guitar action is low, at the 8th fret I still find it tough.

Dermot
AHAAH,,really great strumming Dermot,,keep on it..

I really don't have a clue why Vannessa wrote it that way in Gpro and left out the top two string,,maybe she will anwser me..

keep experimenting with Gpro6

Willem

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:59 am

Vanessa

Thanks

:)

TGNesh

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 am

There is only a tab in the file Dermot (no recordings), which you've written out correctly, as in that everything remains in time. Or is it a transcribtion of what you think that í have played in the play through?

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

It's not great but here's my attempt.... although not really random ! :P

The barres are very noisey and need lots of practice.
I've been experimenting with trying to release the left hand thumb pressure and pulling my guitar
in with my arms to sound the barres to take the pressure off my wrists but still have to figure a technique that works for me.

I've attached my most recent GP6 file and a couple of recordings.

The attached files is where I'm at !

Dermot

http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... hrough.zip

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:09 am

I Need to work out why recording won't upload to the forum.
I'll convert them to a smaller size.

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:21 am

Thanks Again.

TGNesh

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:38 am

Hi Dermot, if you seriously want me to look at it, then I'd suggest to upload a video for review. Then I can take the official way too.

One thing, whatever you might upload, and however you play it, (you should know by now that I actually don't care how you play it, random it is), make sure it's in time, since you keep pausing with every chord change. Sometimes just a tad, sometimes longer than that. In my opinion it's your biggest obstacle/hurdle/block/plateau (obviously I'm not sure how to call it) in general. Fix that and show me your work.

TGNesh

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:46 am

As for your Tabs, you've written it out timing wise just fine, but in several spots it's certainly not what I'm playing. There are actually quite a few big differences in there. Listen again! ;)

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 am

Hello Vanessa

I'd agree with that, there are a lot of differences in what you play and what I capture both practically and in the GP6 file.

Dermot

TGNesh

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:02 am

Your number one priority, by far, right now is to stóp pausing when changing chords. Drop everything else that you're trying to work on, make sure you get to the next chord IN TIME. Again, that's what you should focus on entirely at this point. As long as you keep pausing, no matter what you do, no matter how you fill up the measure, it won't be musical. I can't stress this enough, you and I have talked about this often. So.....get to it, ASAP! ;)

Make sure that with every recording you make, as in that you want me to listen to, that whatever you play, no matter how you play it, don't pause and make every beat count! (and don't go looking from left to right and vice versa too! :P )

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Vanessa

I'd agree with that, there are a lot of differences in what you play and what I capture both practically and in the GP6 file.
You sound very musical too ! :ohmy: :P

As much as I'd like to do a video, It would just make me ill worrying about it so it's unlikely, sorry to be such a whimp. :P

I do need to work on the random element, what I find hard there, is not adding or taking strums from the number of beats in a measure (especially 1/16th strums) that's probably why I look to figuring a pattern off pat not a good thing I know :S :blush:

I'll keep at it and hopefully it'll come.

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:42 am

Vanessa Wrote:
don't go looking from left to right and vice versa too
Up and down and visa versa it is Vanessa ! :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic