>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Creep by Radiohead

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Creep is a song by the English alternative rock band Radiohead.

This lesson takes a look at the acoustic version which features singer Thom Yorke and his acoustic guitar only.

The progression involves eight measures, four barre chords from the E-family, dressed up with a sus4 and consistent, random strumming. A few open chords are used in the chorus as well.

The lesson covers a bit of theory regarding barre chords and their families. It also presents a few different ways to play through the progression, which might be a little easier for beginners.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

BobR

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi Ness,
I have always wanted to learn this song. Great barre chord lesson also. :)

Thanks
Bob

jayswett

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:52 am

Yet another great lesson at TG. Not a complicated song, but lots of good learning points in this lesson.

dtaylor

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:33 am

Thanks for the lesson Ness, the original is a classic favourite of most right-thinking people, but I first saw the acoustic version by Damien Rice, does he play the open high E on most of the chords?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbeNNG83JE

TGNesh

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:31 am

Many thanks guys!

Bob: It's an iconic song for sure Bob, great to hear you like the addition of it to Target. And yeah a great workout/excercise too! :S :laugh: Thanks for dropping by!

Jay: Very pleased to hear you think so Jay. I always do my best to look for and point out learning points. Thanks!

Dean: Never knew that Damien does a cover of this song, pretty cool! I've listened to it partly and quickly just now. He obviously plays F#, Bb, B, Bm. When playing F# he doesn't play the topstring, or when doing it accidentally he quickly frets it by barring his index over the two top strings. And sometimes he indeed just frets it (again with his index). Same thing for Bb (fretting the two top strings with his index or just not playing it). Sometimes for B too (I think), or he leaves the string open (doesn't play it), but when getting to Bm, he leaves the second string open, which is of course a B, and sometimes hits the top string too, which actually sounds okay. I think that's pretty much what happened. Will listen again later, thanks Dean!

Ness

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks

:)

dtaylor

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks for the info Ness, I've liked this version for a long time, so appreciate you listening and identifying how he played it :)

michelew

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:31 am

TGNessa,

Very cool lesson! I really like this song. I have a Best of Radiohead album that I love listening to loud in the car or somewhere that I can sing in a big way without worrying about how I sound, that I'll disturb someone or about offending anyone who may be within earshot. I often play this song specifically on repeat for a while at those time.

I play a version of this on the uke. It's great to have a guitar version with all the sus chord embellishments and choice of chord shape/position.

I realised after playing this version for a pretty short time that you're absolutely right about it being a work-out and more to the point that it's been too long since I've spent any real time playing barre chords on my steel string.

Cool song, cool lesson.

Thanks Ness!

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Haha, exhausting for sure! :S Great exercise though! ;)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Gosh !
Amazing Vanessa :laugh: :laugh:

Exhausting :dry:

Click To Enlarge

:ohmy:

TGNesh

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Singing loudly in the car??! :laugh: Awesome and much fun! :P

Didn't know you like Radiohead btw. Well this one is a very cool song indeed. I also like Karma Police and Street Spirit.

btw This cover of Karma Police is really amazing, same group who did the song with five people and one guitar. Such talented musicians/artists!

The behind the scenes is very cool too, gosh it takes SO much concentration!

Many thanks Shel! X

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

Very cool lesson! I really like this song. I have a Best of Radiohead album that I love listening to loud in the car or somewhere that I can sing in a big way without worrying about how I sound, that I'll disturb someone or about offending anyone who may be within earshot. I often play this song specifically on repeat for a while at those time.

I play a version of this on the uke. It's great to have a guitar version with all the sus chord embellishments and choice of chord shape/position.

I realised after playing this version for a pretty short time that you're absolutely right about it being a work-out and more to the point that it's been too long since I've spent any real time playing barre chords on my steel string.

Cool song, cool lesson.

Thanks Ness!

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic