Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - In My Life - Revisited with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Fred and I have been looking at a lot of Beatles songs lately, particularly ones that have interesting intros or instrumental parts (see some of our Here Comes The Sun lessons). This was a week after we just started reviewing In My Life and we started on the intro and strumming through the progression. Then we worked separately on the melody with Fred singing while I played the accompaniment, and fumbled through the short solo.

This may make a good instrumental for a future lesson. Let me know if you think we should explore this a bit more.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

willem

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:25 am

That was great but, Neil this could be a totall new
or a added part on your target lesson, finger picked accompaniment and a worked out harpsicord solo, I really would like it and I think many others too.

Willem

PS, I work on this tune for 2 weeks now.

davidrfinn99165

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:30 am

Agreed,, it would be great to have a playable version of the instrumental passage...it is a very high bar to set for an acoustic performance but the song always seems only half-complete without it.

dtaylor

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:32 am

This is one of my favourite guitar instrumentals, so beautiful, I agree with David, the 'harpsichord' solo really makes it so much more.
It would be a challenge for anyone but it's one of those songs I'd just obsess about until I learnt it, like Classical Gas or your arrangement of Landslide.

p.s. It was interesting to go back and see Fred's original FOTW from 12 months ago. Keep at it Fred :)

Fred

Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:49 pm

thanks for the kind words! as with most (if not all) of the songs on my playlist, this one is a work in progress...lots of fun, though. one of these days, "here comes the sun" will be ready....7 months working on that one!

best-

Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic