>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Still Loving You by Scorpions

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCory

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Happy Friday Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Scorpions are a German rock band founded in 1965 and one of the longest existing rock bands in the world. They are famous and well known for their melodic heavy metal, including powerful rock ballads.

Still Loving You is one of those power rock ballads. It appears on their ninth studio album ‘Love At First Sting’ and was released in 1984.

The lesson is primarily based on how to perform it when it’s just you, your voice and one acoustic guitar.

The arrangement is done in Dropped D-Tuning, where the guitar is capoed on the 5th fret. It features several chords and chord shapes, melodic picking and a sixteenth note strumming pattern over slow quarter notes.

There is also a segment which shows how to play it without the capo, both in standard tuning as well as in Dropped D-Tuning.

Enjoy this level 5 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:13 am

WOW!

I've listened to the Scorpion's concert version, full band, and just now your playthrough. OMG! I can't believe how good you've made this sound on a single acoustic guitar. It sounds fantastic! Soft, intense and haunting at first; through to full on strumming, loud and rockin'; back to low and intense. Brilliant! I thought you sounded great. Nothing wrong with your vocals from here. The picking riff is very cool too.

Great song Ness. Ya gotta love the rock ballad. :)

Shel

crieniecat

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:17 am

Wow indeed!
Full on, and soft where it needs to be.

This song brings back a lot of memories, same order as Burning Heart :)
I remember asking you way back (waaaaay back = 25 years ago!) if you would ever play either one of them....
And so you did!! :woohoo:

It sure was worth the wait :kiss:
Brilliant, thanks Ness!!

Corina :)

willem

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:52 am

What a fantastic job Ness, in my eyes it proofs you're a pro.. :laugh: B)

I don't saw your wicked smile.. lol :P

Willem

wrench

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 am

There is no message in this post. It is merely a placeholder for when I can find the words.

I'll get to the lesson when I can get past the play through, but that may be no time soon. WOW Ness, just WOW.

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:33 am

Ness:

All I had time for was the preview this morning, but that was outstanding. Can't wait to check out the rest. :)

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Uff, how good was that! I really mean wow, but did not want to be so unoriginal :-).
Pretty damned cool lesson Ness!

TGNesh

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:21 am

Hey guys and gals! Wow....to read your comments was certainly just thát to me too!! :cheer: :cheer:

Michele: That's such a huge compliment Shel! :cheer: 'Competing' with a full band ain't so easy, so I'm really happy that you've enjoyed it! It's such an awesome song and yeah, Ya gotta love rock ballads for sure! Thanks so much sweet friend! X

Corina: Hey you! :P Yeah, 25 years ago, haha! Working on this one certainly took me back in time as well, those were the days! ;)

For those reading this as well, the story is that Corina gave me a tape (yes we had cassette tapes in those days ;) ) with Rock Ballads (about 25 years ago), this one was the second track of side A. Both of us absolutely loved that tape!! I've had it for years and years, but at one point I lost it.... :(

Anyway, bumped into the song last week and thought that I just had to go for it. So yeah, so glad you liked it! :cheer: I might add another one of that tape! ;) Many thanks honey! X

Willem: So I've finally convinced you??!! :laugh: :P There were a few smiles in there, but I suppose not the wicked one! ;) Thanks a lot Willem! B)

Wrench: Dan, your comment made me smile from ear to ear!! Just WOW!! :kiss:

Jason: Aaawh thanks so much Jason! Certainly hope you like the rest of it. Eighties, those are your (late) teenage years too right?

Chris: Original or not, still loved to read your comment too Chris!! :cheer: :) Many thanks!

TGNess B)

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:27 am

TGVanessa wrote:

Jason: Aaawh thanks so much Jason! Certainly hope you like the rest of it. Eighties, those are your (late) teenage years too right?

TGNess B)
Vanessa:

Yes... the 80's were my junior high and high school years. Graduated in 1988. I grew up on the great tunes of the 70's as a kid, but the 80's were my teenage years, and when I really got into music. I have to admit that I have a soft spot for a power ballad or two. B)

familyman4

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:20 am

Sorry I am late to the party but I am glad I got to see your full performance of this lesson. I can tell you enjoyed it a lot and you sure did power through this power ballad!!! This is a song that not many people that I know of could get through the vocals at all but you did a wonderful job! Of course your guitar playing was top notch too but with this one for some reason, the vocals steel the show.

Great job Ness! I still want a ticket to your live show when you go on tour....

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic