>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Tainted Love - Soft Cell

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Such a cool lesson Ness! Always liked Soft Cell and listened to this a 1000 times way back. Really did not see this as doable on acoustic guitar. Looking forward to the live version :-)

TGNesh

Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:08 am

Wow....I couldn't be more happy with all the responses! :cheer: :kiss: I had no idea either!

Dean: Couldn't agree more Dean, it's much fun to play! (no fun lyrics though ;) ).

Dermot: Smiling here, also when reading your unedited response! :P Many thanks Dermot!

Michele: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Veeeeeery eighties for sure, haha! :laugh: Yes, I do love the idea of being able to capture the soul of a song with one instrument. It's a challenge sometimes, but I'm more than glad that this one turned out alright! ;)

The 'coolest', I take that compliment any day!! B) And no, like Corina pointed out, this one wasn't from the Rock Ballads tape, although I might get to one or two of that one. Bryan Adam's 'Heaven' is already in Target, so I got one covered, along with 'Still Loving You', lets see what else I might come up with. ;) Gotta LOVE Rock Ballads! :cheer:

Thanks so very much sweet friend, I just always love your support! :kiss:

David: Aaaaah, you're SO right David, this one could work very well at IGC! It's just so much fun to play and also really doable too. I will surely remember this one! Thank so much for your kind comment David! :cheer:

Willem: That was absolutely the campfire-version Willem, haha! :laugh: The ending, well as you know I just love a spot on ending. This one, well I totally made it up, but I thought it worked pretty well, so yeah, very glad you liked it! B) Thanks Willem!

Scott: Hey buddy, have to agree there with you, for a long time I didn't think of it as a guitar song either. Although I've always been, and still am, a strong believer of playing any song on guitar or piano. Of course I prefer the one over the other sometimes, but I just want to be able to play a song on both instruments. And after Neil's take on Aha's 'Take On Me', I was even more convinced! ;) Many thanks Scott!

Dennis: I can SO imagine you taking this one to an open mic Den, how I would LOVE to see that! :cheer: I'm glad you appreciate the play through, because in general it takes most of the work, by far!! Thanks so much Den'!

Corina: Oh yes, catchy for sure!! I sometimes have no idea how the songlesson that I've recoreded will be received. In the end, you can't please everyone, so I really try to vary a lot. But as you can imagine, the response to this one and like for example 'Still Loving You', that's just totally awesome!! I guess the eighties work at TG! :P Thanks honey! :kiss:

Chris: Thanks a lot Chris, very happy you like this one! :cheer: I've always loved the song too, such a cool groove. And yep, you'll get a live version for sure!! ;)

Many thanks to you all, you're all just awesome! :)

TGNess B)

chacho

Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Ness

What a great lesson, love it :cheer:
An absolute joy to hear this song being transposed to the acoustic.

Just a quick question:
I found it was easier to use the same two fingers to form the a minor and then to jump to the e minor.
Is there a problem to do it that way.

Any more hits of the eighties planned?

TGNesh

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:54 pm

Many thanks Chacho, just great to hear! :cheer:

As for your question, for this song, it really doesn't matter too much how you finger the chords, since they're so basic and since you're mostly just hitting the bassnotes. It's nice to have options and to be able to fret chords in several different ways, from there you can choose what works or what you find efficient enough. I was actually just playing another song, with mostly the same chords and I found my self switching it all the time throughout the song. :)

Just make sure, in general, to not cut of notes/chords too early and to land correctly and in time on the next one.

As for more eighties....well yeah, there are a few on my list ;), but.....which ones would you have in mind?

chacho wrote:
Hi Ness

What a great lesson, love it :cheer:
An absolute joy to hear this song being transposed to the acoustic.

Just a quick question:
I found it was easier to use the same two fingers to form the a minor and then to jump to the e minor.
Is there a problem to do it that way.

Any more hits of the eighties planned?

chacho

Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:48 am

Thats a tough one Ness as I would never have thought of " tainted love ".

Top of my head :
Echo beach- Martha and the Muffins
Ever fallen in love - Buzzcocks
Sweet Sixteen ( great story behind the song ), white wedding (unplugged storytellers) - Billy Idol
Sign your name, wishing well, delicate - terence trent d'arby
Jimmy Jimmy - undertones
Sweet dreams are made of this - Eurythmics

heatndude

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Hello folks,

I don't join the forum much but I like to stalk it ! I'm a 80's kid so here are a few suggestions:

1-She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
2-Footloose - Kenny Loggins
3-Sexual Healing- Marvin Gaye
4-Carrie - Europe
5-Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
6-Heaven - Warrant
7-Whats Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
8-Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
9-Hungry Like A Wolf - Duran Duran
10- Love is a Battle Field - Pat Benetar
11 - Betty Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
12- We Built This City - Starship
13- Red Red Wine - UB40
14- Kokomo - Beach Boys
15- I Can't Go For That - Daryl Hall & John Oates

This should keep you busy for a while ! Get out your hair spray and go for it, a few of these may need some electric guitar in them ?

Mark

TGNesh

Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks for the suggestions Chacho! Yeah, it's hard to come up with stuff on the top of your head. For me it's usually bumping into songs on Youtube, Facebook, Spotify, or being reminded by others, or students asking for a specific song and then i'm like, 'hey, that's a great song, it might work as a lesson'. :)

In thruth, of your list I would only know Terence Trent D'Arby, I actually looked up his 'Sign Your Name' to see if it would make a good lesson...I didn't come up with anything then. For one, he never plays it on a guitar. I might check out some guitar covers for inspiration though. (Actually Tainted Love was inspired by a cover as well. ;) ) And yes, I would know Eurythmics of course. And Billy Idol, although I was never really a fan. I should at least listen to his Sweet Sixteen again.

Anyway, thanks, I'll see what I can do! :)

Ness

chacho wrote:
Thats a tough one Ness as I would never have thought of " tainted love ".

Top of my head :
Echo beach- Martha and the Muffins
Ever fallen in love - Buzzcocks
Sweet Sixteen ( great story behind the song ), white wedding (unplugged storytellers) - Billy Idol
Sign your name, wishing well, delicate - terence trent d'arby
Jimmy Jimmy - undertones
Sweet dreams are made of this - Eurythmics

TGNesh

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:04 am

Yeah, you're barely there Mark, but I do remember you very well. :) Signing the banner, with your dog if I recall correctly!

Haha, that's some list you got there! :cheer: And a great one too, several songs that I réally like, it should keep me busy for sure! :laugh: Listened to an acoustic version of one song by the artist just now (thankfully he plays it on a guitar nowadays), very very doable, so I promise to at least get to one of those. And maybe......well, we'll see. ;)

Many thanks for your suggestions!

Ness

heatndude wrote:
Hello folks,

I don't join the forum much but I like to stalk it ! I'm a 80's kid so here are a few suggestions:

1-She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
2-Footloose - Kenny Loggins
3-Sexual Healing- Marvin Gaye
4-Carrie - Europe
5-Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
6-Heaven - Warrant
7-Whats Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
8-Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
9-Hungry Like A Wolf - Duran Duran
10- Love is a Battle Field - Pat Benetar
11 - Betty Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
12- We Built This City - Starship
13- Red Red Wine - UB40
14- Kokomo - Beach Boys
15- I Can't Go For That - Daryl Hall & John Oates

This should keep you busy for a while ! Get out your hair spray and go for it, a few of these may need some electric guitar in them ?

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic