>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Do You Believe In Magic? - Lovin Spoonful

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The first hit for The Lovin’ Spoonful was John Sebastian’s Do You Believe In Magic. It features a simple chord progression in the key of C, loosley based on Heat Wave by Martha And The Vandellas, and a very catchy melody. The lesson also takes a look at the short guitar solo.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

davidrfinn99165

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Thx for this fun lesson and the solo Neil.

I just watched another live version on Youtube. On that one they may be in tune but i wouldn't like to say they are all playing the right notes haha - sorry if that is a heresy.

cheers/ david

TGNeil

Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:04 pm

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Thx for this fun lesson and the solo Neil.

I just watched another live version on Youtube. On that one they may be in tune but i wouldn't like to say they are all playing the right notes haha - sorry if that is a heresy.

cheers/ david
Hey David,
You're right, the Ed Sullivan one is just lip-synched to the studio recording. The Moulin Rouge from 1965 is real, in tune and a little ragged in the lead playing, although I'd have to say it's as close as most of George's live leads from the time!

davidrfinn99165

Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:00 am

Thx Neil, but no being mean to George !! His guitar work on the Royal Variety Show`performances shows he could do it live.

Haha, enough ! I didn' t mean to refight the British Invasion wars of 64-65 but it did strike me that the Moulin Rouge clip was ropey even by the standards of the time; are any of them even on the same chord in the section at the end?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic