>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Driving Towards The Daylight - Joe Bonamassa

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Driving Towards The Daylight is a song by American blues rock musician, singer and songwriter Joe Bonamassa. It appears on his 10th studio album with the same name, released in 2012.

This lesson takes a look at the acoustic version as performed by Joe when playing it by himself. It covers the progression, which involves five chords, several chord shapes and the riff for the instrumental bridge. The guitar is capoed on the first fret.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

Lavallee

Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Ness, thank you so much for posting a song from Joe Bonamassa (he plays a red guitar he has to be a nice guy). I never expected a song from him on the site as he is mainly electric.

Thank you again

Marc

Music Junkie

Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Great lesson Vanessa. I remember doing this one as a team type project in the forums some time back. B)

That first chord, Esus hammer to E5, is the trickiest part for me, and I struggle in getting back to it in the progression. Gives me fits!

I love to play along with this tune. Thanks so much for doing a lesson on some Bonamassa. I love many of his tunes. Mountain Time is another cool tune.

Jason

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Hey Vanessa,

This is a song that offers lots of performance opportunities, both musical and vocal. Not like you have to stick to every note in the original.

Your lesson is a real steamroller ! So "heavy", I mean: full of information that I'm glad you chose to include.

I have to admit that I kinda just fell in love with this song an hour ago because of your lesson.
It's style does fit in well with a lot of what I've been learning/practicing lately.

So, I'm already on it !

Thanx mucho :) !
Pierre

michelew

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:51 pm

I have to say DITTO to everything Pierre just said.

I've watched a couple of videos of Joe performing this which are very cool of course...

But WOW! I don't remember those videos affecting me as much so your playthrough Nessa. SO cool! I LOve the repeating hammer-on riff/motif, I love the slide sections, I LOVE the interlude, solo, I love the way you build it up and then bring it right down, I love your vocals and I just... Well I LOVE the overall performance - fantastic!

Pure inspiration. Pure cool!

Shel :kiss:

willem

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:08 am

You did it justice Ness, what a great rocking song

That JB has a lot of fans.

Willem

TGNesh

Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 am

Hey boys and girls! (that's what Chris would say :laugh: )

Finally getting to your generous comments. I was a bit busy before and distracted while being in Switzerland. :P

Marc: You're very welcome Marc! I had read your comment in another thread about JM and it was a coincidence that I was working on it, but I was of course happy to know that there would be interest. Electric or not, I do believe most songs can be played on an acoustic as well. Often artists do so themselves, like this one. I might get to another one if he performs it acoustically as well. In any way, very glad you're happy with it, thanks!

Jason: Same to you Jason, you're very welcome! Although I knew you are able to play this one. Yes I also knew about getting to this E5-chordshape, which is indeed not so easy. As for Mountain Time.....hmmm....he does play it on a steel string... ;) Thanks MJ!

Pierre: That's really great to hear Pierre! When I first heard the song, I actually pretty much fell for it immediately too. It's just an awesome song. I'm also really glad that the 'Steamroller, heavy/full of information' works for some. Sometimes I'm afraid that I point out too many details. I do feel in the end it's all in the details. Once one is comfortable playing the guitar, the details become way more important and separate one guitar player from another. Anyway, you're on it, so let me know how it goes!

Michele: Well THANK YOU, you're the sweetest!! :cheer: 'Pure inspiration'......absolutely LOVE to hear that! :cheer: Vocally the song fits me I think, really love to sing and play it, just really a great song! Thanks so much sweet friend! X

Willem: Many thanks Willem! Doing a song justice is a challenge sometimes. Am glad you think I did so. Thanks again!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic