Newest Target Members Only Lesson - FOTW - I Heard It Through The Grapevine Lesson 3 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Sandy put in a lot of time working on I Heard It Through The Grapevine. This was a couple weeks after Lesson 2. In this lesson we worked on the percussive effect in the chorus, and particularly on the vocal vamp at the end.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

Lavallee

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Nicely done Sandy and Neil. I am also working on the song and there are many little helpfull details in this FOTW. Struggling on the solo, that suggestion to keep the third finger on the high string after the first pull off to slide to the second pull off with the bar will help a lot. I keep getting a thump on the G note because I am too late on putting the bar trying to land everything together.

Thank you Sandy for keeping at it

Marc

sandysue

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:35 am

Hi marc

That's great that you are learning this song too. It's so fun to play. I've been struggling a little with the timing on the solo, mostly because I'm not able to get from one position to the next quite quickly enough yet to get the timing down exactly. Are you going to learn to sing along as well? I'm no where near doing that yet. Im still trying to get the instrumental part down smoothly and more automatic. Thanks for watching :)

Sandy

willem

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi Sandy ,long time no see..lol

I work not on the song and never seen the lesson but I enjoy watching you working on it,,I love the song very much so there will be a time I go on it..

Tip,, in this FOTW the totally guitars logo is blocking your left hand fingers so maybe next time sit a bit to the right or ask Neil making that logo smaller..

goodluck on the tune and the rest.

Willem

sandysue

Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Thanks for the tip on my left hand Willem, I'll work on changing where I'm sitting so you can see me, but In all honesty, sometimes I think I need to hide my left hand in some of my lessons, especially when I feel like I'm playing with 2 left thumbs. :) Sometimes when Im learning something new, that's really challenging, I kind of feel like that trucker you posted on FB that couldn't get his Rig turned around. You should post that on TG for all of us. That was painful to watch. :S That would be synonymous with, or equal to the absolute worst guitar day ever. HaHa. :) :P

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic