Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Dust In The Wind with Chacho

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Chacho (Marino in the real world) has been a Target member since day one. He was visiting from the U.K. and managed to come by TG Central for a lesson. He had really never had any private lessons so it was a new experience for him on a few levels.

We managed to get through a few of my favorite (maybe required?) lessons for all students. We started with Dust In The Wind which was a bit fast and somewhat out of control. In about 30 minutes it sounded completely different.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... hacho.html

auntlynnie

Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:44 am

Nice to see another TG member in person with Neil.

Lynn

TGNesh

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:01 am

So yóu were the mystery guest Chacho? Oh wait, Marino it is. :)

How cool that you've had a chance to meet up with Neil. How was it???! :cheer:

Many thanks for sharing your lesson, I'm off to watch it!

Ness

chacho

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Ness
I'm still over here in California and currently staying in L.A and will be visiting San Diego for a day trip later today.
It's my first visit to California and what a great place to visit.

A long story Ness but basically I travelled from San Francisco to Carmel for a Wedding.

I then travelled to see Neil back up to Los Gatos and basically got lost with no Sat Nav working.
Neil patiently directed me on the phone and I eventually found him later than expected.

He was very welcoming at his home and it was great to see him in person and as you know he is such a nice guy off camera as he is on.

The lesson was great and he spent a lot of time with me and the dust in the wind fly on the wall was only part of it.
I'm a little embarresed with the video as my fingers and brain stopped working during the episode and I looked like a right plonker as they say in England. :blush:

I have to say it was a great experience and a opportunity I couldn't resist while visiting California and I'm glad I made the effort to see him as it was my first lesson other than online totally guitars that I've had.

How long is your stay here Ness for the IGC, will you be travelling around ?

Chacho ( aka Marino )

P.s I have been following your trip in Switzerland and it looked great.

Music Junkie

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Marino:

It was great to see the clips of the lesson, thank you for agreeing to be filmed. The FOTW series is always quite helpful to many of us.

As far as a brain disconnect due to a video camera, most of us are familiar with that problem too!... ;) I thought you did quite well, especially for your first face to face lesson with anyone, let alone Neil. You are quite right about his demeanor though, pretty amazing.

How long are in going to be in California, and in the L.A. area? San Diego is a beautiful town. Seeing the Zoo? I am just north of L.A. by about 40min, in Ventura.

Travel safely, and enjoy the rest of your trip! B)

Jason

willem

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Chacho I still like your profil picture, did'nt know you are from UK ( or not remember it), i tryed to guess who the mistery gast would be.

I always watch those FOTW's there are so many tips (practice tips) in there.

Slow things down works great, Gpro could help a lot in case you hate a metronome and you can slow down the tempo in that app or program.

Thanks Marino

Willem

chacho

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi Jason
I stopped on my way to LA for the night at the comfort Inn at Ventura on Sunday!
We had a very nice meal at a Greek restaurant I think it was called Stephens market & grill.
Also visited Slovang on the way and also went to the beach and Pier at Santa Barbara.
Loving every moment being here and I'm looking forward going to my first ever baseball game in La, dodgers v angels even though the rules are a big mystery to me!

chacho

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi Willem
I remember learning dust in the wind and taking it very slowly but as I progressed it became faster and then it went to auto pilot but it then becomes untidy without realising it.

When Neil said play it slowly it became very strange when you had to think about the finger picking pattern and the order of the chords.

I learnt from Neil that in future when I practice to take it slowly and make sure the Timing is right which I will try and do.

Cheers

Marino

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:24 am

chacho wrote:
Hi Jason
I stopped on my way to LA for the night at the comfort Inn at Ventura on Sunday!
We had a very nice meal at a Greek restaurant I think it was called Stephens market & grill.
Also visited Slovang on the way and also went to the beach and Pier at Santa Barbara.
Loving every moment being here and I'm looking forward going to my first ever baseball game in La, dodgers v angels even though the rules are a big mystery to me!
Damn timing..... I BBQ'd ribs and tri-tip on Sunday! You could have stopped by for a pint and some food..... :)

Enjoy the ball game. Make sure to grab a Dodger Dog and a cold beer (garlic fries too, if you don't mind the bad breath afterwards - :P ). Dodger stadium is a decent stadium, and we catch a game or two each year. Most seats are good, and you can see the game pretty well from anywhere.

If you have not been to San Diego yet, make sure to grab a free tour of the Taylor Guitar Factory. From what I understand, it is quite interesting.

Travel safely, and have fun!

Jason

TGNesh

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks for your response Marino, since I was indeed curious. :)

It all sounds really great! I'm sure you're having a great time traveling around and how awesome that you got a chance to meet up with Neil. He sure is welcoming and indeed the same nice guy as we know him on camera.

Now don't worry about a thing about your FOTW, too cool that you're sharing it with us. I wanted to watch your lesson the other day, but got interrupted, will certainly do so soon. I don't believe for a minute that you looked like a 'plonker'. I understand that you think so though, but don't forget, we see ourselves different than others do ;).

As for me, I'll be in CA two weeks, so I'll have some time prior and after camp. No big plans, just looking forward to spend some time with Neil and his family and Sandy, who lives an hour away. She might turn me into a farmer girl again, riding a horse, a pickup, tractor, chasing chickens and whatever. :laugh: I suppose there is enough to keep us occupied.

Really hope to meet one day at maybe IGC Europe Marino, who knows!! ;) As you have seen, having a camp in Switzerland would be SO awesome too, what a gorgeous place! Glad you liked to follow our stay over there. :)

Enjoy the rest of your trip and travel home safely!

Ness

chacho wrote:
Hi Ness
I'm still over here in California and currently staying in L.A and will be visiting San Diego for a day trip later today.
It's my first visit to California and what a great place to visit.

A long story Ness but basically I travelled from San Francisco to Carmel for a Wedding.

I then travelled to see Neil back up to Los Gatos and basically got lost with no Sat Nav working.
Neil patiently directed me on the phone and I eventually found him later than expected.

He was very welcoming at his home and it was great to see him in person and as you know he is such a nice guy off camera as he is on.

The lesson was great and he spent a lot of time with me and the dust in the wind fly on the wall was only part of it.
I'm a little embarresed with the video as my fingers and brain stopped working during the episode and I looked like a right plonker as they say in England. :blush:

I have to say it was a great experience and a opportunity I couldn't resist while visiting California and I'm glad I made the effort to see him as it was my first lesson other than online totally guitars that I've had.

How long is your stay here Ness for the IGC, will you be travelling around ?

Chacho ( aka Marino )

P.s I have been following your trip in Switzerland and it looked great.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic