>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Carrie - Europe

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Carrie is a 1987 hit single and power ballad by the Swedish hard rock band Europe and appears on their album ‘The Final Countdown’. It was written by frontman Joey Tempest and keyboardist Mic Michaeli.

The lesson takes a look at the acoustic version as performed, for example, on their ‘Live From The Dark’-DVD. It features Joey accompanying himself on an acoustic guitar.

It covers the progression, which involves many chord changes, 5 basic chords in the key of G, the strumming at the speed of 16th’s, the ‘Wish You Were Here’-fill in the interlude and how he dresses it up a bit.

The lesson is presented in standard tuning, as performed on the original recording, but on stage the guitar is tuned down a half step.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Vanessa

Looks like a fun guitar tune.
The 1/16th strumming ...... I think along with Creep :dry: my strings will be confiscated ! :ohmy:

Dermot

michelew

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:36 pm

WOW! Ness I just listened to your playthrough. DAMN! You sound SO good ...

Powerful song. Awesome delivery!

:kiss:

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 am

I have to admit that I am digging the hair band power ballads... B)

I know it is not the technical and classic stuff that most folks like, but for any of us who grew up in the 70's and 80's it brings back some good memories. Thanks for this lesson, Ness.

Jason

TGNesh

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:04 pm

:laugh: :laugh: This one is slower though, all basic chords, you should be fine, keep going Dermot! ;)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Looks like a fun guitar tune.
The 1/16th strumming ...... I think along with Creep :dry: my strings will be confiscated ! :ohmy:

Dermot

TGNesh

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:05 pm

:cheer: :cheer:

How I ALWAYS LOVE to read your comments, thanks so much sweet friend and most loyal/supportive/biggest fan-student! :cheer: :kiss:

Ness

michelew wrote:
WOW! Ness I just listened to your playthrough. DAMN! You sound SO good ...

Powerful song. Awesome delivery!

:kiss:

TGNesh

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Ah that's great to hear MJ! :cheer:

And really, I've had quite a lot of response for doing 80's songs. TG is certainly not all 50+ students. ;) And since Target is filled with a few life times worth of 60's and 70's songs, there is more than enough room and also interest for 80's and 90's. And of course the current century as wel. :laugh:

Oh and I'm not done yet! :)

Thanks Jason, see you soon! :woohoo:

Ness

Music Junkie wrote:
I have to admit that I am digging the hair band power ballads... B)

I know it is not the technical and classic stuff that most folks like, but for any of us who grew up in the 70's and 80's it brings back some good memories. Thanks for this lesson, Ness.

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic