>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Overcome - Live

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Live is an American alternative rock band from York, Pennsylvania, which nowadays consists of four members. It’s original lead singer Ed Kowalczyk, who wrote much of their material, left the band in 2009.

The melancholic Overcome is taken from their 2001 album ‘V’ and became associated with the September 11 attacks on the United States.

The lesson covers the progression and the chords in Dropped D Tuning, where the guitar is capoed on the 2nd fret. It shows how to incorporate some of the melody notes as recorded on the piano in the original recording.

We also take a quick look at how Ed Kowalczyk plays it when performing it by himself.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sandysue

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:47 pm

That's pretty Ness, I love the fingerpicking intro.

Sandy

michelew

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Gosh! Another powerful song Ness. And a truely touching performance.... You've left me choked up.. Speechless....

I really like the additionally notes you're playing that accompany the strumming. The intro is gorgeous. Beautiful. And the way you pick up the pick after your first strum without missing a beat is VERY cool too.

You never fail to deliver an impressive performance. It's worth the wait every week.

:kiss:

willem

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Why this song choice for a lesson (don'nt know why I ask this, it just came up)

Its a great song.

Ever tryed the hidden and grab the pick trick? I think I found a great way for holding the pick now, I bow it a bit so it is a bit hollow, think it works or is it just the more you do it the more you get used to it.

Willem B)

TGNesh

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Ah good to hear that you think the intro works Sandy, many thanks!

sandysue wrote:
That's pretty Ness, I love the fingerpicking intro.

Sandy

TGNesh

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:43 pm

:blush: Wow, thanks Shel, just awesome to read your comment!

I've always loved the song, very happy that it all came through. Picking up the pick, haha, yeah, i had literally a beat to do that, I guess it worked! :P

Thanks so much sweet friend, you made my day! :kiss:

michelew wrote:
Gosh! Another powerful song Ness. And a truely touching performance.... You've left me choked up.. Speechless....

I really like the additionally notes you're playing that accompany the strumming. The intro is gorgeous. Beautiful. And the way you pick up the pick after your first strum without missing a beat is VERY cool too.

You never fail to deliver an impressive performance. It's worth the wait every week.

:kiss:

TGNesh

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Because it's an awesome song!! ;)

But yes, i did want to add something, as in copying some of what the piano plays.

Tricks with the pick, well.....i've done several tricks, which you probably haven't noticed....and now, since i had a beat left, i thought, why not! :P

Thanks Willem, wish you could be here...(I'm actually sitting here together with Neil at his desk talking about you. :) )

willem wrote:
Why this song choice for a lesson (don'nt know why I ask this, it just came up)

Its a great song.

Ever tryed the hidden and grab the pick trick? I think I found a great way for holding the pick now, I bow it a bit so it is a bit hollow, think it works or is it just the more you do it the more you get used to it.

Willem B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic