>>Target and Pay Per Lesson Teaser - Ruby’s Eyes by Tommy Emmanuel - Sneak Peek

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today we have a little teaser of a possible lesson for Totally Guitars.

There have been a few requests for it so we decided to get it started.

If enough people respond that they would like it, and get to work on it, we will put it on the to-do list.

The preview does include a detailed look at the intro and opening melody. In spite of the fact that Tommy uses some difficult fingerings, including extensive use of the left thumb wrapping around to play the sixth string, there are some great ways to get the same sounds and effects using more conventional fingerings.

Be sure to let us know if you would like to see more of this as part of the Target Program.

Enjoy!

Here is a tab version that looks pretty good
Ruby's Eyes

sbutler

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Well you know that you had me with the first "B" note. I know its just a teaser, and I know your just about to go off the radar for a few days, but Thank You my Friend. You've already given me something to work on until you get back.

I know its just a simple melody, but its kind of hypnotic to me. I will work diligently on what you just shared, and I'm going to self impose an effort to create a lot of sustain while I play this.

I sure hope we can continue this where you left off.

Neil, your the best. Have a great camp.

SCott

willem

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:15 pm

My vote,, making it possible and simpler thats why it get my vote.

It feels hypnotic to me too,, it is is same feel I got with "On the horizon" never finished that one yet but ....

Willem

sbutler

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 pm

willem wrote:
My vote,, making it possible and simpler thats why it get my vote.

It feels hypnotic to me too,, it is is same feel I got with "On the horizon" never finished that one yet but ....

Willem
Willem, I have always been the type of guy who "Swings for the Fence" every time up to bat. In other words, I tackle songs that are way above my skill level. But I firmly believe that by working on the really hard stuff, I get better at those techniques. Rubys Eyes is one of those songs, that I believe will make me a better guitar player. Thanks for helping with the vote.
Scott

daryl

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Neil, with all sincerity.... it's about time you tackled Tommy. Your playing of just the intro and start of the melody was great! Yes, Tommy is a virtuoso and his songs are quite difficult to play (like Tommy does), but we mere mortals need help to simplify his beautiful songs. Thank you for tackling Tommy.

Personally, I think many people will flock to your site when they find out that you teach Tommy Emmanuel songs. After you finish "Ruby's Eyes".....please add "Angelina', "Those Who Wait", "Digger's Waltz", "Blue Moon", and "Just An Old Fashion Love Song"

dtaylor

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Sounds great, get's my vote.

sandysue

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:20 pm

wow that really is a beautiful song. I want to learn it too Scott. The barred B chord is a little hard for me too. It's going to take a lot of repetitive practice to get it right. I hope I can do it. Thanks for suggesting this song Scott, please keep us up on your progress on learning it :)

Sandy

fjeanmur

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm

I'll throw my hat in the ring too I think, but what level would this be at? For me, 6 is just the right challenge, 7 is getting difficult and 8 I'd probably hit a point where I'd just give up. But if Sandy's in, I'll go with her.

sandysue

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:46 pm

Im glad you're in too Jean. It'll be fun to see if we can meet the challenge. I think we can do it. Right now i'm busy obsessing over my camp songs and playing them ad nauseam, so I may have to wait on starting Ruby's Eye's until after IGC. :S

Sandy

davidrfinn99165

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:29 am

Yes please Neil.. I didn't know the song but the tones and the movements look great.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic