>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Nexus - Dan Fogelberg

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

In 1981 Dan Fogelberg’s album The Innocent Age was released, and included two of his big hits, Leader Of The Band and Same Old Lang Syne. Nexus was the lead track from the album and a popular request for a lesson here at TG. It is played in Dropped D Tuning and starts with a slow, free-time intro, followed by some very fast fingerpicking. The lesson is mostly taken from live versions around 1997, the way Dan played it on a 12-string.

Enjoy this level 7 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:11 am

Wow! Its my birthday and Christmas rolled into one! Thanks so much Neil!
This is a wonderful lesson which will keep me busy for quite a while and may even make an honest student out of me... if I hope to accomplish it. Great idea to get these bits out first so it can be worked on. I hope I make progress soon and can post a video. Level 7 eh, hmmm...

Chris

TGNeil

Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:26 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow! Its my birthday and Christmas rolled into one! Thanks so much Neil!
This is a wonderful lesson which will keep me busy for quite a while and may even make an honest student out of me... if I hope to accomplish it. Great idea to get these bits out first so it can be worked on. I hope I make progress soon and can post a video. Level 7 eh, hmmm...

Chris
Hi Chris,

I knew you'd get a kick out of this one and glad to hear it is in progress. The Level 7 is based more on the speed than anything else, although the free-form right hand parts contribute as well. The left hand is pretty straightforward I would say, as you can see in Dan's live performances.

Neil

sbutler

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Dan was an amazing musician. And this is a great song that i really wasn't familiar with. I'm sure Chris loves this one.

Well done Neil, well done.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic