Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Marc’s Yearly Check Up

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall

Marc is one of our 3-time TG'ers who got into town a few days early for our 2015 camp. He came into this lesson having worked on many of the things we discussed last year.

We started with an approach to keeping bass notes independent from melody notes in songs like Anji. In Part one we look at other songs that use a similar technique, Rhiannon, Smokestack Lightning and Suzie Q particularly.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ck-up.html

sandysue

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Marc

You're doing a good job of learning to play the bass notes with your thumb, independently from finger picking the melody notes. I know that I've seen you play guitar with a flat pick plenty of times, but I thought that I also saw you playing finger style as well. Anyway, like every thing else, it get's much easier over time with practice. I've always been a finger style guitar player, but at my lesson today, I was learning Fire and Rain by James Taylor, and I couldn't even get my chords or my alternating bass right at all. :S Hopefully that was just some post IGC overload syndrome. or something. :S Keep up the good work. :)

Sandy

mweston

Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Thanks Sandy. I play with a flat pick sometimes (like when I'm backing up SandySue!) and fingerstyle sometimes (like in my rare solo Open Mic appearances). I have weaknesses in both areas so I'm trying to spend equal time doing both when I practice. I hope we get to see a FOTW of your Fire and Rain lessons. I'd like to learn that one myself.

Marc W

sandysue

Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:07 am

yeah Marc

I love James Taylor's music. We could learn Fire and Rain, and maybe play it at IGC next year. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic