>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Russians - Sting

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Russians is a topical anti-war song by Sting, from his debut solo album ‘The Dreams of the Blue Turtles, released in 1985.

The lesson shows a simple finger picking arpeggio-style arrangement in the key of Am, where the guitar is capoed on the second fret. To match the original recording it should be on the third fret, putting it in the absolute key of Cm.

We take a look at the chords, which are mostly in first position, the picking and the progression.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

kelemenj

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Another home run! (as we say here). You are on a roll! Great song! just as relevant today as it was 30 years ago.
Even if some of the names have changed.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
John

Lavallee

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Ness you have a knack for making a non guitar song something that looks obvious as a guitar song like if it was hidden and only you can see it. Love it

Marc

Lavallee

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:12 pm

kelemenj wrote:
[q just as relevant today as it was 30 years ago.
Even if some of the names have changed.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
John[/quote]

John, Love your statement
Marc

crieniecat

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Powerful song.
Ness sublime as usual.

Corina :-)

michelew

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 pm

WOW! Another beeeeautiful one Nessa... Gosh!

I'll be learning this one for sure. The gorgeous picking and sad progression provides an eerie backing to the sentiment of the song. Your playthrough is really powerful emotionally. Your singing is amazing too.

Thank you TGNess.

Shel :kiss:

wrsomers

Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:37 am

Ness,
What model Taylor is that guitar?
Bill

willem

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:49 am

Should we all learn this song and send it all over the world?

B)

TGNesh

Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:39 am

Wow guys and gals, couldn't wish for a better response! :cheer:

John: Absolutely awesome to hear John!! Now I'm almost afraid that I won't be able to keep up, the roll I mean! :ohmy: :P But I'm so glad you like many of the songs I've been doing. Many thanks for your support!

Marc: :blush: Wow....that's really a great compliment for sure! I actually wasn't sure if this would work well enough, which is why I played it at Neil's place to hear his opinion. Well obviously, as he pointed out in the news, he was totally for it. :) Really happy that you think so too, thanks so much Marc!

Corina: Many thanks honey, great to hear! :kiss:

Michele: Learning it for sure? I SO want proof of that!!!! :cheer: This is an arrangement right in your alley I'd say, so yeah, I challenge you, I want proof! :) Oh, one word of advice, make sure to breath in the right places when singing it. If you don't, you're %$^#%...! :P I think there is a backyard-video (at the Hogan-House) of this one which absolutely prooves that. :blink: :laugh: Thanks so much sweet friend, absolutely loved to read your comment! :kiss:

Bill: It's a crossover hybrid guitar, nylon strings. It has the sound of a classical guitar, but the playability of a steel sting, really cool. A Taylor NS34-ce. I bought it from IGC-attendee Robb Mazzoli at IGC 2013 and I absolutely love it! Come to think of, any chance you'll attend an IGC Bill? You'd love it! :)

Willem: Of course Willem!! ;)

Many thanks all!

TGNess B)

wrsomers

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:48 am

Ness,
I do like the sound of that guitar. Zach Brown plays a NS74 ce. Very similar to yours. Is yours electric? I might attend an ICG someday. I'd really like that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic