Newest Target Members Only Lesson Addition - Fly On The Wall - Marc’s Yearly Check Up [Part 4]

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new addition to the Fly on the Wall Lesson for Marc’s Yearly Check Up

In Part 4 we started with Dance With Me, going over basic strumming techniques then into focused strumming, pulling out little melodies while keeping the wrist moving steadily. This also brought up Here Comes The Sun.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ck-up.html

sandysue

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:50 am

Hi Marc

That focused strumming of melody notes sounds so great but looks like it's a difficult technique to master. I've never really embraced the flat pick because I've always been a die hard finger picker but watching you learn this, makes me want to try working on flat picking again. :-)

Sandy

mweston

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:07 pm

HI Sandy,

I'm in the same boat. I feel like I have more control playing fingerstyle, both notes and volume. I'm also getting a scraping sound a lot of times as the pick brushes across the strings, probably because of the way I'm holding the pick. But as Neil pointed out, you can't get the same kind of percussive attack you need for some songs without a pick, so I want to get better at it. As for focused strumming, I finding that difficult even apart from using a pick. I haven't been able to get the melody notes to stand out from the chords. Oh well, the journey continues! :)

Marc W

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic