Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Fire And Rain with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

The week before this lesson Sandy started working on Fire And Rain by James Taylor. I wanted her to just learn the chord progression and practice singing it with basic fingerpicking patterns, rather than the free form style that James uses.

She came back with a good feel for everything that was going on and in this lesson we we started looking specifically at the tab and incorporating a lot of James’ techniques and fills.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

willem

Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks dear Sandy..

B)

Craig

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks for sharing your lesson with us Sandy! This is a song I've attempted and gave up on. You've inspired me to take another shot at it!

Craig

sandysue

Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi Willem

Thanks for the support. I will ask Neil if he will help us learn how to use the bass guitar as you and I talked about. Maybe he can make it a FOTW. :)

Hi Craig

It's nice to hear that you like James Taylor's music too, and that you're finding Fire And Rain tablature a little tough to learn also. I love his music, but his timing and some of his chords and hammer on's can be a little tricky. I am just learning it slowly. Glad to hear that you are going to start working on this song again too. :)

Sandy

davidrfinn99165

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 am

Hey Sandy, I'm really looking forward to your next FotW section of Fire and Rain after Neil's comments in the weekly update.

You started this one pretty confidently in the first place.. JT will be taking you out on tour with him soon.

sandysue

Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:17 am

Thank you David, Luckily Neil didn't video my first lesson when I couldn't even play the Bm7/E chord. I've still got a lot of practice ahead of me, but I'm bound and determined to learn Fire and Rain just because I love that song. :) Wow touring with JT. :) Should I let him know that I can almost play one of his songs. :P :P

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic