>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Over The Rainbow is an amazing classic that lends itself to countless arrangements and presentations. Eve Cassidy’s version is second to none, in my opinion.

She had a skill not mentioned nearly as much as her unbelievable vocal mastery, the ability to create a guitar part that was the perfect accompaniment to her singing.

Generally her arrangements were somewhat simple but full of delicate nuances that can make them very hard to duplicate. This lesson is not so much a note-by-note breakdown, rather it demonstrates how to use her chord shapes and embellishments and go with the flow.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:52 am

Wow! You just made my day!

wrsomers

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm

Neil,
You are, in my opinion, absolutely correct when you say her version of "Over The Rainbow" is second to none. Especially the live version (the one in black and white). Her voice and phrasing are breath-taking! Knowing that she was virtually on her death bed when it was recorded makes it even more poignant and can't help but raise a few tears. Since hearing her, she has become my all-time favorite female singer. Too bad we lost her so soon. I appreciate you doing a lesson on this but I know I will never learn it, because singing it would be impossible for me (and most of the rest of us).
Thanks,
Bill

willem

Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:22 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Neil,
You are, in my opinion, absolutely correct when you say her version of "Over The Rainbow" is second to none. Especially the live version (the one in black and white). Her voice and phrasing are breath-taking! Knowing that she was virtually on her death bed when it was recorded makes it even more poignant and can't help but raise a few tears. Since hearing her, she has become my all-time favorite female singer. Too bad we lost her so soon. I appreciate you doing a lesson on this but I know I will never learn it, because singing it would be impossible for me (and most of the rest of us).
Thanks,
Bill
It's always possible finding a female singer who love to sing this on your guitar playing to honnor Eva,, just try it i I would say.

W.

michelew

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:40 pm

I'll be taking a look at this and adding it to the list of 'must learn' songs.

Eva's singing and playing just breaks my heart. She was a gift to the world. ...

Thanks Neil.

Lavallee

Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:19 am

I am not really in this kind of music (I know, I am a savage) but that song is really beautiful, she gives the same emotion, same feeling of warmth that Diana Krall transmits .

Good choice of lesson

Marc

thereshopeyet

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:32 am

Neil
Gosh, that looks like a great lesson.

Dermot

:ohmy:

sandysue

Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi everyone

When I listened to this song I thought what a beautiful voice Eva Cassidy has. When I read Bill's post, I looked her up on the internet and learned that she died at the age of 33yr's from melanoma. Wow, that was kind of shocking. She was a great musician with a beautiful voice. She really did justice to this song. Thank you Neil for making it available to us. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic