>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Try And Love Again - The Eagles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Try And Love Again is a song written by founding Eagles-member and bass player Randy Meisner, who is known in particular for his high vocals. It appears on the Eagles’ 5th studio album ‘Hotel California’, released in 1976.

This lesson takes a look at a simple way of playing it as a single guitar part. It covers the signature riff in first position, the chords in the key of D and the progression. The latter is pretty straightforward, but might be a little challenging to some, because of a few quick chord changes.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Yeh!!!!!!!

Is it Saturday? Dermot needs to adjust his chart. :)

Well this is a great song, the Eagles no less. I LOVED your playthrough Ness and WOW you really got pretty high in the vocals there too; soaring. Fantastic the way you incorporated the riff. Really nice.

This is another perfect example of a lesson where you give us what we need and THEN SOME. The Randy Meisner mini-concert was VERY cool. You are ABSOLUTELY in your element when playing Eagles songs. Joy just shines from every fibre of your being. You sound amazing. Pure entertainment too.

Well there's definitely a lot for me to learn in here, to work on; for She who avoids using a pick where possible. :)

Thanks TGNessa. I love your work.

Shel

familyman4

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks Ness!

I used to play this song but had forgotten about it. Now I am thinking it is too high for me to sing? I'll check it out tonight...

Great job!
Bart

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Vanessa:

I was pleasantly surprised to see this lesson today. I remember playing this song with you at the first IGC. I also remember getting my hand slapped for playing a lazy man's Gmaj7... :laugh:

Thank you so much for showing me another way to get to that this past year. Also, thanks so much for the lesson on the intro riff. That was outstanding, and very well laid out. One of my all time favorite Eagles tunes.

Jason

davidrfinn99165

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:13 am

Hi Ness.. call off the search party!! she's back, and a pleasure to see you as always. Did someone pay the ransom??

I'm loving the intro riff.. btw, when did you go all west-coast?? that californian immersion therapy will get you every time..

I'm also delighted to hear you hand-slapped Jason. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Gosh there must have been a lot of tough love at those early camps...

/david

willem

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:05 am

Fantastic singin this, was that your head voice further in the song or do you not know?
And great guitar playing and teaching, you're a star B)

W.

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:21 am

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
I'm also delighted to hear you hand-slapped Jason. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Gosh there must have been a lot of tough love at those early camps...

/david
I am still not entirely certain if it was for the wrong Gmaj7 chord, or if it was because I am left handed.... :laugh:

J

davidrfinn99165

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Music Junkie wrote:

I am still not entirely certain if it was for the wrong Gmaj7 chord, or if it was because I am left handed.... :laugh:

J[/quote]

I'm sure a jury would regard either as sufficient provocation..

BobR

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Ness, Great Lesson, and you know I really like the Eagles :)
Bob

TGNesh

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey guys and gal!

Absolutely glad to read all your comments and interest for the song. :)

Michele: Yep, there I am again! Not on a saturday for you this time. Not sure when the next one will be either :dry: Sorry if I made you feel that it was the weekend, when in reality it wasn't :laugh: :P . I'm glad you though the riff worked. I've played this song for many years, but never really cared about how to play it. But of course, for a lesson, i sure wanted to somehow incorporate it, so yeah, glad you liked it.
The Randy Meisner-miniconcert, haha! :laugh: Yeah, i suppose it got a little out of hand again, couldn't help myself. :silly: And yes, I LOVE to play Eagles-songs. I've listened to their records ever since childhood and have played many of their songs throughout life as well. I guess it shows! :) All in all, thanks so much for tuning in as always! And now work on using a pick!!!! :laugh:

Bart: Hey Bart, am glad that the song has your attention again! How is the singing going? I suspect it'd be a bit high, since Randy's vocals áre really high, which is the reason why it fits me well, but maybe not for males in general. Let me know how it goes if you will. Many thanks Bart!

Jason: Yep, I knew you like the song too, I was counting on that! ;) Buttuh, I guess I've made an impression by slapping your hand (did I really do that?? :ohmy: :laugh: ), so it was probably worth it! :laugh: ;) But yes, I very well remember us playing it together. So the riff, are you able to add it? Thanks so much MJ, good to hear you like the addition of this one!

David: :laugh: Haha, yep I'm still here David! Thanks for organizing a search party and paying the ransom :laugh: . Tough love at earlier camps, absolutely!! It's how I sometimes show my affection, by slapping, so of course Jason got some, I just love him! ;) Many thanks David!

Willem: :kiss:!! Good question, I think it was head voice, but if I got Jim Bruno right, that might not be the case. What I think is head voice might be mix, so all in all, I'm not sure. But sure, it was high! :P Great example of passing some bridges and going through different parts of my vocal range, when starting high and going down. Thanks Willem!

Bob: Oh yes, I sure know that! We've played quite a few together while jamming and you of course during a few open mic's. Last year and this year if I recall correctly. Thanks for dropping by Bob, very pleased you like the lesson! We'll sure play some more Eagles next time we meet! :cheer:

Many thanks all!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic