>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Photograph - Ed Sheeran

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Photograph is an acoustic pop ballad recorded by the ever popular English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. It’s the 6th track of his 2nd album ‘X’ (Multiply) and was released as the fifth and final single in May 2015.

This lesson covers two versions of how Ed plays it. The first one is based on his acoustic stripped down performance at Capitol FM. It’s in the key of E, standard tuning, with one string tuned down. The other version shows how he plays it nowadays, which is in the key of D, using DADGAD-Tuning, where the guitar is capoed on the second fret.

The progression is very classic and uses chords I, IV, V and VI. We also take a look at the uptempo strumming, which should be done randomly and in some parts palm muted with accents on beats 1, the and of 2 and 4.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

TGNesh

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:01 pm

The power of a loopstation: Watch the second video, especially near the end, totally awesome!! Now i fancy one. :)

willem

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:35 am

TGVanessa wrote:
The power of a loopstation: Watch the second video, especially near the end, totally awesome!! Now i fancy one. :)
oh I sure hop youe fancy one out?.

B)

TGNesh

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 am

Haha, oh sure, I'll definitely get me one! B) :cheer:

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
oh I sure hop youe fancy one out?.

B)

michelew

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:24 am

TGNessa,

Ed has some great songs, and this is one of them.

Love your playthrough, really touching and so cool at the same time. :)

Well if you do get yourself a loop station, you have to show it off. Perhaps you could do a lesson that incorporates it too; one of Ed's maybe.

Well this one has got me thinking I shoudl break the picks out. :) I really like the feeling of the strumming in it.

Nice one Ness.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Oh yes, I would agree! I actually think his whole latest album is just fantastic. He's a breath of fresh air in modern music industry, in my humble opinion. And lets face it, anyone who can fill stadiums with just one artist, one guitar and a loop station, well yeah very inspiring. :)

The reason why he appeals to me is because I have often performed by myself throughout life as well. Starting at age 8 or so, in front of my class. Just me, my baritone ukelele and vocals, that was it. I performed numerous times with others as well, but I do feel very comfortable when it's just me. So I often approach songs in a way that does the job with just one guitar. The challenge is always to carry a tune, that's always my goal.

I've always had this secret wish of being able to play a couple of instruments at the same time, but......haha! :laugh: :S So yeah, a loop station could add a lot of fun and possibilities obviously. :)

Many thanks for dropping in Shel, and indeed, break out those picks and get strumming! :P

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

Ed has some great songs, and this is one of them.

Love your playthrough, really touching and so cool at the same time. :)

Well if you do get yourself a loop station, you have to show it off. Perhaps you could do a lesson that incorporates it too; one of Ed's maybe.

Well this one has got me thinking I shoudl break the picks out. :) I really like the feeling of the strumming in it.

Nice one Ness.

Shel

jayswett

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:11 pm

I agree that the loop station is alot of fun. I have one but use it less often than one might think given the enjoyment I get out of it.

The last video in the series above is interesting with the photos of a young Ed Sheeran.

As usual, great lesson, Vanessa. Thanks. I am going back to learn Thinking out Loud today.

TGNesh

Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:59 am

Thanks for dropping in Jay! May I ask, which loop station do you have?

Yeah, the official video is actually very cute and also shows how talented and versatile Ed is, very cool!

Thinking Out Loud, fantastic song (and video), another favo of mine and very cool to play as well. I of course want to hear it next IGC :) , although don't hesitate to upload a video when you've got it down. ;)

Thanks again Jay!

Ness

jayswett wrote:
I agree that the loop station is alot of fun. I have one but use it less often than one might think given the enjoyment I get out of it.

The last video in the series above is interesting with the photos of a young Ed Sheeran.

As usual, great lesson, Vanessa. Thanks. I am going back to learn Thinking out Loud today.

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:01 pm

:ohmy:

With the volume of popular music today, the probability of two song writers independently coming up trump must be pretty high !

Link..... Shares 39 identical notes .............

Let Shazam decide ;)

Shazam Verdict

Photograph = Photograph
Amazing = Amazing

:P

TGNesh

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Yep, bumped into this news today as well. I'd say, both songs are really nice. :)

I go for Ed though! :P

thereshopeyet wrote:
:ohmy:

With the volume of popular music today, the probability of two song writers independently coming up trump must be pretty high !

Link..... Shares 39 identical notes .............

Let Shazam decide ;)

Shazam Verdict

Photograph = Photograph
Amazing = Amazing

:P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic