Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Fire And Rain – Lesson 4 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
sandysue

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:01 am

I'm just teasing you about that death and taxidermy thing Dermot. My favorite TV show right now is "The Walking Dead', so I can't really complain about you and Gandhi, but so far I've never had anyone stuffed (Taxidermy'ed) even though I may have considered it on occasion lol. :)

Thanks for reminding me of that sacrilegious video remake of Fire and Rain. I noticed that even Bill thought it was funny. I usually have a sense of humor but James just wrecked my favorite song. :S :(

Sandy

sandysue

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Ok I couldn't figure out how to get this uploaded to the busking channel to save my life so I don't know if anyone will see this but here is may attempt to play Fire and Rain by James Taylor, I just accepted the first take this time, so here goes.

wrsomers

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Yay Sandy. VERY, VERY well done!!! I just knew you could do it. Neil and James Taylor would be proud. Welcome to Busking Land. Your picking was very clear and accurate and the singing was great. I know how hard you've been working on this song and I say it's a success. I also liked that you kept playing through the minor mistakes, you can now call yourself a performer. GREAT JOB!

Bill

sandysue

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Thank you Bill

I tried just about everything to get it on the busking channel and finally I just gave up and put it here. I just did one take, mistakes and all but that's better than 100 takes with the same result. It's a little nerve racking so I had a death grip on my guitar, hope it gets easier with practice. You should put up your version of Fire and Rain too Bill. I'd love to see you play it. :-)

Sandy

mweston

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Great work Sandy! That was really impressive. You didn't need to worry about doing more takes. Fire and Rain has always been one of my favorite songs. Can't wait to hear you do it live! (That will be on your list for IGC, right?) Hopefully this means your wrist is all better now, too.

Marc W

willem

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:20 am

sandysue wrote:
Ok I couldn't figure out how to get this uploaded to the busking channel to save my life so I don't know if anyone will see this but here is may attempt to play Fire and Rain by James Taylor, I just accepted the first take this time, so here goes.

I love it from beginning to the end, everything was great, the picking, the singin,

and now Sandy get relaxt

Willem

davidrfinn99165

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Sandy.. that's fantastic, really well done !!! Hoping to see this live at Guitar Camp next year

sandysue

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:08 am

Hi Marc : thank you so much. My wrist and thumb are getting better from resting but I couldn't resist trying just once more on recording that song. I'm learning You've Got a Friend now. Maybe we could play that one. Take a look at it :)

Willem. I love that you are always so sweet and supportive. Thank you so much for listening to my video. Yeah I think I need to rest a little more now so I can get well :)

David. Our awesome time zone zombie. Thanks for weighing in on my video. I should be able to play that song for IGC. It's one of my favorites. I love what you and shel are doing. You guys sound great. :)

Sandy

7645slug

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:20 pm

That was great Sandy! But take care of yourself, I don't want to lose my gig as a Pip.

-tg

crieniecat

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Both thumbs up for you Sandy!!

How cool was that! B)
I really liked your singing and guitar playing, you've worked very hard to get where you are now.
And it is definitely another nice song on your performance list.

:) :) :) ,
Corina :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic