Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Fire And Rain – Lesson 4 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
sandysue

Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Thank you Tom

No worries about loosing your place as one of the Pips Tom, we are definitely a team, or a band or something. :) I'm feeling better now, it was just a temporary overuse thing. I've been starting to work on "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor lately. Maybe that could be one of our songs for IGC or maybe you and Marc have something you would prefer that we play. Let me know. :)

Sandy

sandysue

Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Thank you Corina for checking out my video. Hope you find a way to make it back to IGC 2016. It wouldn't be the same without you, and your beautiful voice. :)

Sandy

7645slug

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:22 pm

I like to think of it as more of a Supergroup.

You know we always defer to our leader to provide the playlist, unless you are ordering us to pick a song for next year.

-tg

sandysue

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:01 pm

That's funny Tom, are you implying that I'm bossy? lol :P

Sandy

7645slug

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:30 pm

sandysue wrote:
That's funny Tom, are you implying that I'm bossy? lol :P

Sandy
Nope. Since you have to sing the songs and play the fingerpicking parts you get to choose what you are comfortable with. As Frank Zappa said, my job is to "Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar".

-tg

mweston

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:57 am

Maybe in 2016 we'll get to play the D7!!! :P

Marc W

michelew

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:01 am

Sandy I didn't realise that you had a video hiding in this thread.

I just watched it. It's FANTASTIC! You're playing sounds great and you're even singing it too, which I think I'd have trouble with with such a complex song.

What a great upload!

Brilliant.

Shel

sandysue

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 am

You're making me laugh Marc, I absolutely missed that D7 twice no less on open mic night, but the Pips were on it. You guys adjusted like it was no big deal thankfully. I'll try to keep on track next time. :)

Thank you so much Shel. I kept trying different ways of uploading that video thru the busking channel but it wasn't cooperating so I gave up and stuck it in this thread. I'm glad to hear you say that even you might have a little trouble at first, playing and singing that song at the same time because I really had to work at it to finally put the two together and obviously it's still a work in progress, like most of my other songs. :)

Sandy

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:51 am

Gosh I missed this great video too :ohmy: :woohoo:

Sandy Wrote:
I'm feeling better now, it was just a temporary overuse thing.
It's brilliant your set back was only temporary.
My wrists play up too.
Avoiding repetitive strain..........
Frequent smaller focused practice sessions alternating with rest, helps keeps the need for recovery away.

Sandy, I'm so pleased for your hard work with Neil has certainly paid off.
Puts me to shame as I don't play anything through never mind sing too !

I'm not the one to advise for sure but my suggestion would be to play this through at least once a day
for a while until it's totally locked in.

If you can do this with Fire and Rain it won't be long until you have a cover album repertoire.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You sure know how to set rain on fire !
:woohoo:

Dermot

sandysue

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Thank you so much Dermot, you are totally right, we all need to be careful about overuse. I hurt my left thumb once before using it to hold down the 6th string repetitively in a certain song I was learning.

When trying to record a video and get it as correct as possible, it's easy to try too many times and then get hurt. I just used my first take this time, and I'm pretty sure it would look pretty much the same on the 100th try so I just accepted reality and posted it anyway.

I loved your image of the rain, thanks for listening to my video. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic