Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Fire And Rain – Lesson 4 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Each week Sandy makes great progress on Fire And Rain. In this lesson she had a pretty god feel for putting it all together. She had the singing under control, and most of the flashy fills that James Taylor is famous for.

We really just put a few finishing touches together here, adding a little to the strumming at the end of each chorus, and connecting that to the next verse.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

willem

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Very cool Sandy,, hope to here the whole thing when you're totally ready and make a recording..

W.

sandysue

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi Willem

I learned to play and sing Fire and Rain and then started trying to record it to post it on the TG forum. I kept trying to get just the right take on video, so I kept recording over and over about a "million" times, and now I can't play at all because I have left wrist an thumb pain. My OCD got the best of me. Now I have to get well and start over. I am going to post this song even if it kills me. Don't suppose you can die of wrist pain right? :)

Sandy

willem

Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:39 am

sandysue wrote:
Hi Willem

I learned to play and sing Fire and Rain and then started trying to record it to post it on the TG forum. I kept trying to get just the right take on video, so I kept recording over and over about a "million" times, and now I can't play at all because I have left wrist an thumb pain. My OCD got the best of me. Now I have to get well and start over. I am going to post this song even if it kills me. Don't suppose you can die of wrist pain right? :)

Sandy
take care Sandy, all this pain proofs you played/practiced to much.

take a rest, there are ohter things in life too.

W.

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Sandy, I'll need to Checkout :dry: your FOTW !!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

sandysue

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Willem: you're right, it's better to change up your practice so you don't play the same song over too many times at once. :S

Dermot you're making me laugh. You always find those crazy images from somewhere. :)

Sandy

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Sandy
That was a great FOTW.
It was even better to see and hear you LIVE :dry: ha ha

Dermot

sandysue

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi Dermot

You're making me laugh again. I think you and Gandhi might be getting a little serious about Death. Now I have to worry if I'm still breathing at night. Yikes. :S I don't think I can even address that taxidermy thing. Thank you for listening to my FOTW. James taylor just put out a new humorous version of Fire and Rain, if that's even possible, but I didn't really like it. I love the old version. It's a great song. :)

Sandy

thereshopeyet

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:35 am

Sandy

I hope you are on the mend and back in action soon.

Dermot

PS
Removed the youtube video version of Fire and Rain you don't want to remember
:blush: :S :blush:
;)

wrsomers

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:31 am

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic