>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Boys of Summer - Don Henley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
wrsomers

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Jason: Awesome that you're working on it Jason! How is it going now? I think most people have never considered an acoustic one guitar version for it, but I guess I'm learning that more and more. As in, how to make it happen after all. So yeah, very happy that you think it works! :cheer: As for the logo....well, that's not my call. (it's inserted later by the mice in the basement) Then again, it's just four chords, easy chords, not much to it if you think about it. ;) You know what, I'll get into this in another thread, i do have some opinions on that subject. Thanks a lot Jason!

TGNess B)
Hi Ness,
I have an idea for the logo problem. I've noticed in Neil's videos that he is sitting up higher than you do, so his left hand isn't blocked by the logo. If you raise your chair (or sit on a phone book :laugh: ) then the logo wouldn't be blocking you anymore.

Bill

michelew

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm sure Ness has worked out the best set up for recording. It's stressful enough I imagine. Sitting on a phone book will just be an uncomfortable distraction. :blink: :huh: :dry: (Yes I realize it was a joke :P) If Ness wanted to create more room at the bottom of the screen, I imagine panning out a little and changing the placement of the camera might achieve that. But as I said, she's put a lot of work into getting the videos looking just right so changing the camera placement might upset that.

A less disruptive, possible solution is to put the logo over Ness and Neil's right shoulder in the top left corner of the screen. It might take a little getting used to visually, but it would be more straight forward I presume.

wrsomers

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Sorry boss, just trying to help. :( Next time I'll keep my suggestions to myself.

michelew

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:25 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Sorry boss, just trying to help. :( Next time I'll keep my suggestions to myself.
Sorry Bill. I'm an idiot sometimes. I didn't mean to suggest you shouldn't make suggestions. I guess I should just shut up a bit more. Sorry for sounding bossy.

I know how tricky it can be to get your recording set up working ... well as you do too. I guess I just envisaged that Ness is already juggling a million considerations and changing the height of her stool (which can change your playing position) may upset the fine balance.

I guess at the end of the day Ness and Neil will work out how they might take on this request.

Need more coffee...or maybe I've had too much...need a holiday.

M

TGNesh

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:44 am

Thanks for the suggestion Bill and thanks for pointing out a few aspects which are involved in getting the right set up Shel. (it's not so easy indeed!)

In truth, I don't think this is something for me to fix, I sit just about right. :) (yes, there are a lot of aspects to consider/involved to get it to the point where I am now). I also believe that looking at ones fingers/hands is not something to focus on too much, but that's another story, which i might get into a bit more in another thread.

TGNess B)

TGNesh

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:49 am

Cool!! If your son recognizes it and sings along, now that's definitely a good sign. :cheer:

I get the transition. It's really fast and you need to land exactly right. Have you also tried playing those notes up the neck which i eventually did in the play through? (I also talk about it in the intro-segment)

It'd be so awesome if you could show it to me soon! :) :) :) As you know, a work in progress in usually better to show now then a finished product later, when you might need to relearn a couple of things. ;) No pressure! :P B)

Ness

Music Junkie wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Jason: Awesome that you're working on it Jason! How is it going now? I think most people have never considered an acoustic one guitar version for it, but I guess I'm learning that more and more. As in, how to make it happen after all. So yeah, very happy that you think it works! :cheer: As for the logo....well, that's not my call. (it's inserted later by the mice in the basement) Then again, it's just four chords, easy chords, not much to it if you think about it. ;) You know what, I'll get into this in another thread, i do have some opinions on that subject. Thanks a lot Jason!

TGNess B)
Vanessa:

It is actually coming along a bit better. I really need to slow down the transition from the intro riff to the intro strumming (the pull off from the 3rd fret on the 2nd string, and then going to the first chord). Once I get to the chords, I am getting the strumming down better each night. I have not even started to tackle the instrumental part yet. B)

It is coming along nicely enough that my youngest son recognized it and started singing along with it... :laugh:

Completely understand about the logo, and your are quite correct about the easy chords. I just wanted to mention it for any future lessons.

Thanks again!

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:16 am

Moving the logo to top right would put it out of harms way in all the videos I have seen. Would save on phone books and set re-designs ;-).

michelew wrote:
I'm sure Ness has worked out the best set up for recording. It's stressful enough I imagine. Sitting on a phone book will just be an uncomfortable distraction. :blink: :huh: :dry: (Yes I realize it was a joke :P) If Ness wanted to create more room at the bottom of the screen, I imagine panning out a little and changing the placement of the camera might achieve that. But as I said, she's put a lot of work into getting the videos looking just right so changing the camera placement might upset that.

A less disruptive, possible solution is to put the logo over Ness and Neil's right shoulder in the top left corner of the screen. It might take a little getting used to visually, but it would be more straight forward I presume.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic