>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Boys of Summer - Don Henley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Fantastic Don (has Dermot said).

W.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:50 pm

What a blast Vanessa! I challenge anyone to play that and feel blue afterwards: not possible ;-)
Great lesson on a great song! Loved the play through.

TGNesh

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 pm

WOW folks..... :blush:

That feels like a standing ovation! :woohoo: :)

This lesson had a a few 'iMovie-tech'-problems' (some creepy unknown gremlins had literally slowed down all the segments to almost a half step down. :ohmy:, including my previous lesson :( ), which took a %$^#%^$ lot of work to fix :angry: :S , so you've all made my day and my work so worthwhile, THANK YOU!! :cheer:

I'll be back. B)

This is also an interesting beautiful version:

or

I've actually considered to include a finger picking version/segment (no, not a chord solo ;) ), sounds really nice too. :)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Your version is better Vanessa!

Have to say though, I love Don's voice on this song.

unclewalt

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:35 pm

unclewalt

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:37 pm

crieniecat

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:49 pm

That was Awesome, Outstanding, Amazing...!
Love it!!
:cheer: :woohoo: :silly: :side: :P

:kiss:
Corina

tombo1230

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks Ness! Great choice of song. I love this one! :) :)

TGNesh

Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Well guys and gals, how I loved reading all your comments, it sure felt like a standing ovation indeed! :cheer:

Scott: Hey buddy, so glad you're happy with a Don Henley-song added to Target! Have to admit that I barely know his solo albums. I do know one other song very well though and have played it for many many years already. I'll likely get to it, but need to see if I can work out an arrangement that'll do for a lesson. You know, how to solve multiple guitar parts and such. Many thanks Scott, appreciation is always really nice! ;)

Jason: Awesome that you're working on it Jason! How is it going now? I think most people have never considered an acoustic one guitar version for it, but I guess I'm learning that more and more. As in, how to make it happen after all. So yeah, very happy that you think it works! :cheer: As for the logo....well, that's not my call. (it's inserted later by the mice in the basement) Then again, it's just four chords, easy chords, not much to it if you think about it. ;) You know what, I'll get into this in another thread, i do have some opinions on that subject. Thanks a lot Jason!

David: And? How is getting a bit of muscle into your strumming going?? :) Very glad you like the song choice and also enjoyed the play through David, thank you!!

Michele: :cheer: :cheer: Very happy you think so! Also, love your comment about the play through. :cheer: As you know, i often do put quite a bit of work in it. So yeah, awesome to hear that you loved it! B) Many thanks sweet friend! :kiss:

Bill: Thank you Bill! Teaching here at TG does make me think about a lot of songs again, as in how to work them out a bit more. I do want any arrangement to be good enough for a lesson. Am glad you think that this one works. As I mentioned to Jason, the TG-Logo is out of my hands, since it's inserted later. It could be an aspect to point out to Matt who is working on building a new website. In any way, thanks again!

Dermot: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank you Dermot, I'll tell Don! :P

Marc: Thank you very much Marc! It's actually a song that i can imagine you would play, are you?

Bart: Hey my good friend there in the shadows! How great that you came out and dropped in here after all! :P Your praise, support and appreciation is just so kind, means a lot to me, thank you!!. :blush: :kiss: :cheer:

Sandy: I"m running out of emoticons.... :laugh: What a sweet comment Sandy, really, thank you! :) I do like to think that Neil and I complement each other well, so yeah I'm really glad that you appreciate the range and balance of songs. I'm certainly doing my best. Funny enough, the more lessons I do, the more I find to cover. It's a never ending list... :blink: :silly: Many thanks again Sandy!

Willem: Thanks Willem, I'll tell Don! :laugh: B)

Chris: Great to hear from you Chris! So glad that you like this one and also the play through! I agree with you, I absolutely LOVE Don't voice on this song too. (well i love his voice in general too). I had to get used to the slower and lower version, but after another listen, i kinda liked it after all. Same for Kt Tunstall. Very different of course, but again after another listen, I do think she does a very nice version and she sings beautifully. Anyway, many thanks Chris!

Uncle Walt: Gosh.....I hadn't seen the video for a few decades now, awesome to see it again, thanks for the find and link Uncle Walt!

Corina: :laugh: :cheer: :woohoo: :kiss: I hear you loud and clear, thanks babe!! :silly:

Tom: Hey Tom, thanks for dropping in! This song is popular for sure, gosh. I had hoped for some response of course, like i always do, nothing new there. But this one....like i mentioned above, the response feels like a standing ovation, so cool! :blush: Thank you too Tom!

You're all awesome, thank you!! :cheer:

TGNess B)

Music Junkie

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:03 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Jason: Awesome that you're working on it Jason! How is it going now? I think most people have never considered an acoustic one guitar version for it, but I guess I'm learning that more and more. As in, how to make it happen after all. So yeah, very happy that you think it works! :cheer: As for the logo....well, that's not my call. (it's inserted later by the mice in the basement) Then again, it's just four chords, easy chords, not much to it if you think about it. ;) You know what, I'll get into this in another thread, i do have some opinions on that subject. Thanks a lot Jason!

TGNess B)
Vanessa:

It is actually coming along a bit better. I really need to slow down the transition from the intro riff to the intro strumming (the pull off from the 3rd fret on the 2nd string, and then going to the first chord). Once I get to the chords, I am getting the strumming down better each night. I have not even started to tackle the instrumental part yet. B)

It is coming along nicely enough that my youngest son recognized it and started singing along with it... :laugh:

Completely understand about the logo, and your are quite correct about the easy chords. I just wanted to mention it for any future lessons.

Thanks again!

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic