>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - I Don’t Know How To Love Him – Jesus Christ Superstar Musical

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

I Don’t Know How To Love Him is a song from the 1970 rock opera ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’, written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. It’s sung by the character of Mary Magdalene, portrayed by Yvonne Elliman in the Broadway production, as well as in the movie version.

The song is in the key of D, using all the chords, except for chord VII, two chords out of the key, and several different chord shapes.

The lesson covers the progression and how to incorporate the melody notes of the intro and the first part of the bridge into the playing.

Enjoy this level 5 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

davidrfinn99165

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:30 pm

Hey Ness :) - i've only seen the preview but i have to say what a fantastic choice for a song lesson !!

I'm afraid I have never been a great fan of musical theatre per se.. but there are some great songs out there and this is absolutely one of them, I've always loved the melody and progression, wonderful !

/ david

willem

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:46 pm

That was great, realy great, nice vocals Tamara.

I liked the bonus song even more,, so start again please or go on..

fan

Willem

ps,, that was your mam at the left, right?

michelew

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Just watched the playthrough and bonus track. :) :) :) I just LOVED seeing and hearing you playing with your sister, her boyfriend and your mum. How cool is that?!?! Tamara has a gorgeous voice. It's easy to imagine her recording.

This is a really nice song.

It's been a long time since I've listened to the album or the full production; which I think might have been the Australian cast of the musical here in the 70s. But from memory "Everything's Alright" is my favourite from the musical. It's one that comes to might first in addition to this one. The 5/4 time signature gets me every time. So cool. Actually I do remember there being some cool riffs, and rhythms in it generally.

This is another example of something that's a little unexpected, lesson-wise, but very cool. :)

Thanks Nessa.

:kiss:

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Vanessa
Thanks for sharing your family get together, Mum too. :)
Tamara has a great voice for these songs.
Loved the guitar playing by both of you.

Looks to be a great lesson also :ohmy:

You spoil us :woohoo:

Dermot

Special Superstars for sure .... Image

tombo1230

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:49 am

Vanessa, thanks for sharing, that was very special!! :) and two guitars in the second song. I really enjoyed it all. A great lesson and bonus and your sister has a lovely voice. Go Mom!! she looked proud B) :)

Cheers,

Tom N.

TGNesh

Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:28 am

David: Many thanks David! Actually I'm not a musical fan perse either. I've seen this one a few times as a musical and was highly dissapointed to be honest. I was really a huge fan, and still, of the soundtrack (from the movie). When I saw the movie with Ted Neeley years and years later again, I was actually very dissapointed again. It was clearly the record and the music that really got to me. Not even the lyrics, since I believe they are very inaccurate. But the music, WOW!! :) Anyway very glad you do like this one of course, thanks again!

Willem: Yep, that was my mom Willem, couldn't you tell??! :P And yes, I love the bonus song and all of us together very very much as well! As I mentioned, it is really special to me and something that I'll cherish (that I've got it on video. My mom definitely did this for me, she's nót a fan of the camera :ohmy: :laugh: ) for the rest of my life. So yeah, very happy that you've enjoyed it! Thanks sweet fan! :kiss:

Michele: Loved to read that you loved it Shel!!! :cheer: This particular get together is SO incredibly rare, that......well, I can't express how happy I am that I've got it on video. :) :) Everything's Alright is of course a gorgeous song, which my sister can sing easily, but there is a LOT in there. The parts of both 'Jesus' and especially 'Judas', which are also in the song, are vocally a major challenge, not to mention that the time signature changes all over the place, and of course all the instrumentation and such.... :ohmy: :S.... Oh well...at least I got two songs covered from the album. :) Many thanks Shel!

Dermot: Always love your pics Dermot, you're the sweetest! :kiss: :cheer: Very glad that you've enjoyed my sisters vocals and the addition of another guitar player. I thought how he had worked it out fit the song perfectly. Also very happy you feel spoiled :), I try to be invaluable to TG ;)! Thank you very much!

Tom: I guess you know how it feels Tom and how special it is, playing and recording together with family. ;) Yeah, i think my mom was proud indeed B) . I am so happy that she joined us! But I think it was even more special to my father, since he is the one who raised us and taught us how to play the guitar. He was the one who took us to the cinema to watch the movie when we were toddlers, he bought the album and he saw us listening to it and singing along with it for many years to come. Also, he had never seen me and my sister perform something together, so it brought a tear to his eye when he watched this. :) :) Anyway, thanks for your comment, very much appreciate it!

TGNess B)

Craig

Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Oh Wow Vanessa! That was so totally cool! Thank you so much for sharing your family with us! Your sister's voice is beautiful, you are my hero, and Mom there with her girls! Just fantastic!

Craig

crieniecat

Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Ness my dear friend, how fantastic to see you and the family in this gorgeous recording!
Always loved the album and I think Tamara (my old class mate ;) ) did a great job on both songs.

The fact that your dear mum is in the recording makes it even more special, the footage will be cherished years from now :cheer:

Please forward my praise and hugs :kiss:

p.s. Can't wait to see the recording with your dad as well. The "Don" of the family B)
Don't wait too long...

michelew

Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:02 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Michele: Loved to read that you loved it Shel!!! :cheer: This particular get together is SO incredibly rare, that......well, I can't express how happy I am that I've got it on video. :) :) Everything's Alright is of course a gorgeous song, which my sister can sing easily, but there is a LOT in there. The parts of both 'Jesus' and especially 'Judas', which are also in the song, are vocally a major challenge, not to mention that the time signature changes all over the place, and of course all the instrumentation and such.... :ohmy: :S.... Oh well...at least I got two songs covered from the album. :) Many thanks Shel!

TGNess B)
Hey Ness! :)

I wasn't actually suggesting that you should do a lesson on 'Everything's Alright'. I get that there's a lot going on in there. I was just saying I love the feel of the song. Hmmm... 5/4 ... I do love the odd time signatures... I must start a project with a 5/4, 7/4, 7/8.... an odd time signature. Now that would be FUN!

As I was saying. I wasn't suggetsing that you do a lesson on that one. Mind you..even though there's a lot going on, I have no doubt that you'd find a way to make it work if you decided to. You've pull off enough song miracles recently. :) :) :) you're TG's resident mini-miracle worker. :silly: :lol: :kiss:

:kiss:

Edit: in the continuing confessions of a woman who lives under a rock...or perhaps just in another universe...at the end of the world...after watching the second video, I realised that I don't think I've ever seen the movie. I've seen a high school rendition of the play and listened to a version of the album many times (which one.???...it had a black cover) ... But never seen it otherwise. Oops! Another missing link in my pop culture education. :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic