>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Heartbeats - José González

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
jimbo58

Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The new addition this time is Heartbeats by José González.

José González is a Swedish indie folk singer-songwriter and guitarist. His trademark sound is solo classical guitar with soft vocal melody.

His work, although mostly originals, also includes acoustic covers, like Heartbeats, which appears on his 2003 album ‘Veneer’.

This lesson covers the relatively fast finger picking, the chords in the key of D and the progression, which is for most parts the same.

González consistently uses alternate tunings in his songs, dropping the 6th string down to D and for Heartbeats, the 3rd string down to F#. The guitar is capoed on the 1st fret.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:57 am

Nice choice Ness! Four chords can sound so good. Yep! Now I'm definitely inspired to get onto my nylon. The picking pattern is really nice. I love the speed too.

I really like José's stuff. I find lots of it quite hypnotic.

If you're in the basement....gosh I really will need to move up the neck if I ever hope to sing it. :) i enjoyed your playthrough.

Nice clear instruction Ness as always. I love your work.

Thanks!

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

davidrfinn99165

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:04 am

Hi Ness... Thx for this great lesson !!

I didn't know the song, but it is excellent for fingerpicking skills-building. My thumb so wants to go alternating bass that it is really easy to fall off the pattern, but I am sticking to it...and my index and middle fingers are so used to covering strings 3 and 2 that I do have to work to get them onto and then hold strings 4 and 3 instead in changed position for the right hand...but I am sticking to it haha..

/ david

TGNesh

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:58 am

Absolutely agree with you Shel, four chords, an alternate tuning can make up for quite a lovely song! :) I also find his stuff kinda hypnotic, well at least very relaxing and calming or something.

As for singing, I think you should leave the capo off and sing an octave higher, I think it would work for you, let me know if you will.

Glad you enjoyed the play through though, haha! :laugh: It was okay I suppose. :S :P

Many thanks sweet friend!

X

michelew wrote:
Nice choice Ness! Four chords can sound so good. Yep! Now I'm definitely inspired to get onto my nylon. The picking pattern is really nice. I love the speed too.

I really like José's stuff. I find lots of it quite hypnotic.

If you're in the basement....gosh I really will need to move up the neck if I ever hope to sing it. :) i enjoyed your playthrough.

Nice clear instruction Ness as always. I love your work.

Thanks!

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

TGNesh

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:01 am

Haha, funny that you mention it. :laugh: If you're really used to Travis picking, staying on the same bass string can be a bit tricky indeed. Glad you're sticking to it, it'll come soon enough, it's not like you need to learn fingerpicking ;) . And yes, shifting positions with the right hand is pretty important, happens in countless songs. All in all, very worthwhile lessons in this one.

Many thanks David, let me know how it goes!

Ness

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Hi Ness... Thx for this great lesson !!

I didn't know the song, but it is excellent for fingerpicking skills-building. My thumb so wants to go alternating bass that it is really easy to fall off the pattern, but I am sticking to it...and my index and middle fingers are so used to covering strings 3 and 2 that I do have to work to get them onto and then hold strings 4 and 3 instead in changed position for the right hand...but I am sticking to it haha..

/ david

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic