>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Airplane - Plain White T's

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
leeson

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Airplane by Plain White T's.

Plain White T’s is an American pop punk band from Illinois. The band is best known for their number-one hit ‘Hey There Delilah’.

Airplane is another lovely fingerpicking song from their 2010 studio album ‘Wonders of the Younger’.

The song is done with a steady fingerpicking arrangement with bass notes played on every beat, and an occasional exception.

It features several chords in the key of Gm, which can be played with different fingerings. The lesson shows what the most efficient ones are and how they benefit ones playing in general.

The progression is quite unusual and the lesson also includes a segment on how the chords fit in the key or what their role is when they don’t.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

crieniecat

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:56 am

Ness what a haunting tune...
I didn't know this song but it is really grabbing my attention.

Such a nice little pearl. Thnx :kiss:

willem

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:39 am

Looks like a great lesson for finger pickin.

Willem

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:04 am

Vanessa

Nicely played.
That looks like a great lesson.

I think you are drinking Jet fuel !!!
Image ...... leave some for Corina :dry: !!!

You're Always flying high !

Happy 2016

Dermot

crieniecat

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:59 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Nicely played.
That looks like a great lesson.

I think you are drinking Jet fuel !!!
Image ...... leave some for Corina :dry: !!!

You're Always flying high !

Happy 2016

Dermot
Thanks Dermot, I keep on telling her that! Leave some wine for me....
I recall a collaboration we did of, I think it was the Everly Brothers, and evidence is there for all to see B)
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Happy 2016 ;)

familyman4

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 am

Well hello Vanessa,

I've been missing you girl! Glad to see your bright smiling face back at it!

Great song for a steady thumb workout. Might put it on my list to learn just for that reason. Most of my thumb action is within a pattern so I've been working on a more independent thumb lately.

Thanks for the detailed lesson!

Bart

davidrfinn99165

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:55 am

Thx for another great lesson Ness :)

Cool song, and I'm really enjoying learning the inversions too!

/ david

michelew

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:31 pm

TGNessa,

Another nice one. Really interesting chords. I like the spooky/dark feel in places. I might have to "borrow" some of those. :)

Thanks for all the efficient fingerings advice. That's always really helpful. I've just scratched the surface so far, but I know I'm going to enjoy this one.

Loved! your playthrough. Your voice is perfect for this; love it as ALWAYS! :) :)

I really enjoyed your explanation of the roles of each of the chords and why for example the G works in a Gm key, the leading chords stuff. I'm storing those gems away. Fab!

Thanks!!!

Shel
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

TGNesh

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:42 am

Corina: So great to hear you like it! I actually didn't know the song either, but it indeed grabbed my attention when spotting it on the Recommend a Lesson-list. 'Nice little pearl', well put! :) Thanks babe!:kiss:

Willem: Absolutely Willem! Fingerpicking as well as smoothly and efficiently changing chords. ;)

Dermot: :laugh: :laugh: I guess you got a point, flying high for sure, which combines with falling low. That's me in a nutshell. ;) But yes, it's a nice little song, which teaches one important aspects of both hands.

Bart: Many thanks Bart, it's always nice to be missed ;) Still here twice a month, but hope to get back to normal scheduling soon. And yes, if you're totally comfortable with Travis Picking then this pounding on one string feels weird, haha! :dry: :laugh: Thanks again sweet friend! X

David: Ah great to hear you're enjoying it! Since the recommendation had like 1 vote, I wasn't sure how this one would be received. So yeah, very happy that you like it. Thanks David!

Michele: Always lóve to read your reponses Shel!! :cheer: :kiss: Very glad you like the advice on fingerings and how it works with those chords. Steven, who recommended this one asked about those aspects and I thought they were great questions, which called for a lesson. ;) As always, many thanks my sweet friend! X

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic