>>New Target Exclusive Release - Tin Man by America – Guitar Lesson

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
crieniecat

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi everyone!

We have a new Target Exclusive release, Tin Man by America.

Dewey Bunnell wrote Tin Man, which appeared on America’s fourth album, Holiday. The song uses only a few chords but features double-time strumming that is heavily syncopated.

There are some shapes that may be new to many students that could require some time to master, in particular a 4-string major seventh chord derived from the ‘E’ family.

The lesson includes some chord theory as well as a slowed down run through of the progression.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

jimi40

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:21 pm

great lesson
love this song!

I find it easier to play 5 string bar with the Cmaj7 and the Gmaj7. That puts the 3rd (B) in the bass of the Gmaj7 but I dont have to strum that string. Anyone else more comfortable playing it this way?

familyman4

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Neil,

I cannot believe that I've just spent 2) 30 minute practice sessions getting the Gmaj7 to the Cmaj7 change down pat. I had to really figure out the correct "move" and "hand position" to finally get it down. My left hand is sore now. (Enough for tonight :S ) Anyway, I can't remember the last time that I was fooled by a chord change as this one? It was harder than it looked, that's for sure... It will be worth it though, now I can move on to the rest of the song and making sure to get the rhythm down correctly.

Thanks for the detailed lesson!
Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic