>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
michelew

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day.

Wake Me Up When September Ends is a song by American punk rock band Green Day, as the fourth single of their seventh studio album ‘American Idiot’ (2004).

It was written by front-man Billie Joe Armstrong about his father, who died of cancer, when he was ten years old.

The lesson shows how Billie Joe performs the song by himself. It covers the progression in the key of G, with mostly open chords and three barre chords. For the right hand is both flatpicking and strumming, which changes back and forth throughout the arrangement.

We also take a quick look at the simple, yet effective guitar solo which he leaves out and strums instead.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

wrsomers

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:35 am

Ness,
Another great lesson. Such a poignant song beautifully played and sung. The play through was very nice and the lesson itself was clear and easy to follow.

Bill

michelew

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:23 pm

TGNess,

I don't know this one... But your playthrough sure did move me... What a sad song... Really pretty focused picking too.

Thanks for another touching performance of a lovely song.

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 pm

That's great to hear Bill, thank you very much!

wrsomers wrote:
Ness,
Another great lesson. Such a poignant song beautifully played and sung. The play through was very nice and the lesson itself was clear and easy to follow.

Bill

TGNesh

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Yep, focused picking for sure, back and forth with strumming. Maybe a little harder than some might expect.

Apparently Billie Joe who wrote the song had dubbed it, at one point, to be the most autobiographical he had written (to that point), considering it therapeutic, but also difficult to perform.

Well, I can surely imagine that....glad you've enjoyed the play through! Wasn't sure how it would come out when I would sing it. :) But I guess it was 'okay enough' :P

Thanks honey!

X

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

I don't know this one... But your playthrough sure did move me... What a sad song... Really pretty focused picking too.

Thanks for another touching performance of a lovely song.

:kiss:

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Ness , your version of that song is the best one i've been able to find on the internet !!

You now totally own that song !!!! ..
...i mean, like totally !! :)

TGNesh

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Wow....David, you're too sweet!!! :blush: :silly: :kiss: :cheer: B)

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Ness , your version of that song is the best one i've been able to find on the internet !!

You now totally own that song !!!! ..
...i mean, like totally !! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic