Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Bass Lesson #1 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Thanks Vanessa, I will watch Sandy's lesson again.

Willem.

michelew

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:12 pm

I think you've seen the light Willem. But, I can't resist being cheeky. :P I also agree that you're confusing cool for sad. :) this discussion reminds me of one of Tony's gripes. Basically, he couldn't fathom why bass players get all the chicks, when they play one note at a time and mostly root notes. It was pure envy on his part. :) OH and just in case you're wondering, no that's NOT why I started learning the bass. :p B) :silly: :woohoo: :) :) :) though I'm all for amassing more 'cool cred'. B) B) B)

willem

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:05 am

michelew wrote:
I think you've seen the light Willem. But, I can't resist being cheeky. :P I also agree that you're confusing cool for sad. :) this discussion reminds me of one of Tony's gripes. Basically, he couldn't fathom why bass players get all the chicks, when they play one note at a time and mostly root notes. It was pure envy on his part. :) OH and just in case you're wondering, no that's NOT why I started learning the bass. :p B) :silly: :woohoo: :) :) :) though I'm all for amassing more 'cool cred'. B) B) B)
Mayby you can write a song a bout bass players,,

I admire bass for a long time now so I'm glad I got some basic information..

pom pom pom pommer the pom pom pooooooooo m!

:laugh: B) :P

Willem

michelew

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:29 am

It doesn't take much knowledge to have fun with it Willem. Go for it. :)

I'll be watching Sandy's lessons too.

M

willem

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi Sandy, tell me, do we all ways play the fifth as an lower note then the root?

Willem

sandysue

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 pm

willem wrote:
Hi Sandy, tell me, do we all ways play the fifth as an lower note then the root?

Willem
Hi Willem. I'm just learning roots, fifths, and octaves on the fretboard right now and I alternate them on every other beat but I'm sure that playing the bass can get a lot more complicated than that once you get good at it. I'm just learning the basics right now.

My electric bass is at the guitar store getting fixed up a little right now so I am just practicing with the Four lowest strings on my acoustic guitar right now.

Sandy

TGNesh

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:35 pm

No Willem! :)

willem wrote:

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic