>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Bitch - The Rolling Stones

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Bitch by The Rolling Stones.

From the album Sticky Fingers comes one of the Rolling Stone’s most played songs, both live and on the radio.

This is your chance to dive into Bitch and get the most out of a groove and rhythm oriented classic rock masterpiece.

Keith Richards’ guitar playing, although seemingly simple is actually sophisticated from the viewpoint of songwriting.

After this lesson is through, you’ll have all the makings and chops to play this classic hit.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

sbutler

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Well now, that was fun. I guess that's what a lot of intro s, riffs and lics are. Just plain fun.

Thanks Max.

wrsomers

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Post removed. Sorry just had to "Bitch" a little. Would love to see some more Neil lessons.

Bill

Lavallee

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:10 pm

Bill,

If you look at all the lessons, more than half are electric guitar songs or pop songs that are played by a bunch of instruments brought down to be played acoustically. If only pure acoustic finger picking or light strumming songs would be available, the site would be pretty dry. Most people are from 40 and up
meaning that most of the requested songs are from the 70s and 80s and are diversified in style.

I am not sure that sarcasm is the best way to get your point through.

Marc

TGNeil

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:48 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Post removed. Sorry just had to "Bitch" a little. Would love to see some more Neil lessons.

Bill
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the vote of confidence but...
Aren't there enough???

Neil

Seriously, I am always working on new lessons but just getting back in the swing of things after the forced sabbatical. I hope you have tackled Tin Man.

willem

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:00 am

I love soound from the stones..

wrsomers

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:05 am

TGNeil wrote:
wrsomers wrote:

Bill
Hey Bill,

Aren't there enough???

Neil

Seriously, I am always working on new lessons but just getting back in the swing of things after the forced sabbatical. I hope you have tackled Tin Man.
Thanks Neil,
Yes there are more than enough lessons, but it's always nice to see new ones, especially ones that can be complete compositions for a single guitarist/accompanist. I look forward to more of your excellent lessons. I hope your finger is completely healed, man that must have really hurt!.

Marc,
"I am not sure that" using the age card " is the best way to get your point through" . :laugh: :) :) :laugh:

Bill

sbutler

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:43 am

wrsomers wrote:
TGNeil wrote:
wrsomers wrote:

Bill
Hey Bill,

Aren't there enough???

Neil

Thanks Neil,
Yes there are more than enough lessons, but it's always nice to see new ones, especially ones that can be complete compositions for a single guitarist/accompanist. I look forward to more of your excellent lessons. I hope your finger is completely healed, man that must have really hurt!.

Marc,
"I am not sure that" using the age card " is the best way to get your point through" . :laugh: :) :) :laugh:

Bill
not to kick a man while he's down Bill, but one of the best guitar players of our time, Eric Clapton, literally recorded one of the best albums of our time, when he made the "Unplugged" album. Layla is much better on an acoustic. Just my 2 cents worth.

wrsomers

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 am

Scott,
I agree, I think the acoustic Layla is better than the electric version. But the point is, that it is completely different. He didn't try to play the original electric version on an acoustic guitar. The acoustic version was so different that the audience didn't recognize it until he began to sing. IMO the electric version needs a whole band, while the acoustic version can be done solo. :)
Bill

wrsomers

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:36 am

Lavallee wrote:
Bill,

If you look at all the lessons, more than half are electric guitar songs or pop songs that are played by a bunch of instruments brought down to be played acoustically.

Marc
Absolutely Marc. I guess I'm just looking for the "brought down to be played acoustically" part. Like Neil's lesson on Layla or practically all of the Beatles tunes he did.That way if one wants to actually perform the song, vocals and all, one would have all the tools to do so.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic