Your Song / Test Of New Microphone

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
familyman4

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Hey folks, Thank You for the positive comments! I guess I will be recording the full length version soon. Either this weekend or the during next week. Stay tuned....

To answer a few other specific questions or comments:
A) The new microphone is a Blue Digital Spark.
B ) It plugs into my I-Pad and I recorded it just like I was taking a video with the I-Pad. No DAW or mixing used at all. (I like to keep it simple if I can find the right tools to do that with) BTW, I started looking for this after Wiley posted a song a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the Spark. I researched quite a bit and had to hunt pretty hard to find one that still used the 30 pin plug (for older I-pad). The lightning cables are really easy to find. ($199.00 U.S. dollars.)
C) The guitar is a vintage Guild F-65CE. I like it so much that I have 2 of them :) This one is obviously a burst and the other is a curly maple blonde.
D) Sandy, whatever key you can sing with me, is the key we will play it in when we re together sometime!
D) Daryl, Michele & David, I will never be the "mix master" that you guys are. That's why I try to keep it simple :unsure:

Here are pictures of the microphone. (Thanks Wiley!)

Bart

sandysue

Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:44 am

Hi Bart

I took a quick look at Neil's lesson on "Your Song". It looks like it is in the key of C. He changes up a lot of the bass notes to create descending baselines and so forth just like you were doing. It's such a pretty song. One of these days I'm going to learn how to do long distance collaborations like Michele and David have been doing so that I can play a song along with you. It was really fun and easy at IGC when we played our John Denver tune together since we were actually in the same location at the same time :)

Sandy

familyman4

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:13 am

Sandy,

You are correct that Neil gives the lesson in the "Key of C". However, like he does a lot of times, he explains early on in the lesson that it is in the key of Eb, he just does the lesson in "C" and tells the students to capo on the 3rd fret to play with the original. I like it both ways actually. I was just playing around with the new microphone toy today and grabbed a guitar and played something. That song just happened to be the 1st one that came out of the guitar.

And BTW, getting to play guitar with you makes me want to get back to California much quicker!

Bart

willem

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 am

Bart good sound over here,,I did'nt know we could plugin a mike in a i-pad.

looking forward to your full version,, I think the key of D will be nice.

Willem

wiley

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:23 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic